Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bbc iplayer – download for mobile devices.
  • nedrapier

Apparently my phone is iplayer compatible. I have a long commute, so I thought I'd get some stuff for the train journey.

Couldn't find any that were available as "download for mobile device". Tried a few comedy programmes, a few documentaries, radio shows. Not even Eastenders was available!

Starting to wonder whether I've missed something (browser/Media player settings?) or if I haven't, what kind of programmes are available?

scaredypants

there's some software that lets your pc pretend it's an i-phone & download anything that's on the main iplayer – don't see why that wouldn't then be playable on your mobile (but then I'm not very clever)

here somewhere if it still works

nedrapier

I did read the iplayer help page, but looking through the programme pages afterwards, I didn't find anything other than the full size programme to download. I have my screen turned down though, and it looks like there's a down arrow (options/menu thing) in the top right that I may have missed before.

Can't check from here though; because of our server routing at work, my IP address looks all Nederlands-y.

GrahamS

Yeah I'm looking at the Eastenders page at the moment nedrapier and at the bottom right of the screen bit there is a button marked "Download 312MB" that you would normally press.

Directly below that there is another button marked "More downloads" which shows a drop-down menu with "Portable devices 121MB" and "Windows Media Player 136MB" on it.

pacemaker
    Free Member

My Nokia 5800 came with it on 3, it is useful for watching Helicopter Hero's on my Lunchbreak.
    Plenty of MTBers seem to be popping up on it too.

nedrapier

well blow me, I looked quite carefully at quite a few, and didn't see the "more downloads" button. I'm usually quite observant, even more so if I'm actually looking for something.

I may need to myself in the head with a heavy bok when I can look again.

Cheers Graham!

steviegil
    Free Member

Im going to download a few programme's for next week as im working on tiree so they might kill the boredom of 4+hrs on a bloody boat.. 🙄 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘bbc iplayer – download for mobile devices.’ is closed to new replies.