Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • BBC interviewers stroking athletes.
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Is this a new thing they are contractually obliged to do now? As every time I have seen an athlete being interviewed post event, regardless of the interviewer, they start stroking the sport person’s arms, rubbing their backs or putting an arm round them.

As a stoic British person, who believes touching should only be used for hand shakes and siring the next generating, I have been a little taken aback.

[STW cliché ending]

Is it just me who has noticed this?

cyclistm
    Free Member

I noticed this from the guy doing the off-track interview in the olympic stadium yesterday.

I bet they have been on a course and told it helps the athlete feel relaxed and they’ll talk more.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Is that you morrissey?

zippykona

The athletics bloke with the grey hair is a real groper.

phiiiiil

We noticed this after Ben Ainslie won his gold yesterday; he looked quite awkward in a “get off me you weirdo” sort of a way while the interviewer was giving him an inter-boat hug.

scaled
    Free Member

I think it’s to stop them getting nabbed by the other interviewers that are trackside.

the BBC got Bolt straight after the 100M and had the other chap too then NBC or someone grabbed the other bloke while brendan had a god hold of Bolt

cynic-al
    Free Member

The guy interviewing Ainslie is the same plum who narked Cav off yes?

VanMan
    Free Member

Never mind the interviewers, anyone else noticed how friendly Willy Kanis’ bike holder is when on the start line. His routine is pat on the back, pat on the knee then quick rub up and down her inner thigh 😯

Guess they know each other very well

Edric64
    Free Member

Wasnt it Jill Douglas who got on Cavs nerves?

donsimon
    Free Member

Oh you Brits! :mrgreen:

Edric64
    Free Member

In order I would stroke Jess Ennis ,Victoria Pendleton ,and Laura Robson if I was a BBC interviewer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Edric – different interviews. Bond said “was TDF tiredness to blame” for the RR and Cav replied “do you know anything about cycling”.

Edric64
    Free Member

Ok cheers -al

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘BBC interviewers stroking athletes.’ is closed to new replies.