Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • BBC filming at Lee Quarry riders wanted.
  • TonyL
    Free Member

Country Tracks are going to be filming in Lee Quarry next Thursday 31st morning from 10.30 onwards. Ali C is going to be riding for them but they woulld quite like more bikers in the background so if any one is free that morning please come along and make the place look busy. Come and find us around the pump track. Worth coming just to watch Ali ride.

taka
    Free Member

Who’s Ali? and what’s Country tracks?

TonyL
    Free Member

Sorry all makes sense in my head Ali C is probably one of the most talented guys on a bike I have seen,check out what he can do with no brakes! http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Ali-C-Inspired-Bicycles-Brakeless-Spring-2010,2757/inspiredbicycles,3075 Country Tracks is a BBC1 programme about the countryside sort of sister programme to Country file.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Never been there before but it just so happens that I’m off work that Thursday. Not that far from nottingham is it?

TonyL
    Free Member

Define not that far? It’s quite a way from Nottingham I would say good couple of hours, it’s just north of Manchester in Bacup, Lancashire. Worth a visit if you have not been before though.

2hottie
    Free Member

If my dissertation is finished I’ll try and make it! Is Ellie going to be there then?

TonyL
    Free Member

It would be nice wouldn’t it!

TonyL
    Free Member

:lol:bump

h4muf
    Free Member

Never been there before but it just so happens that I’m off work that Thursday. Not that far from nottingham is it?

Onzadog,it’s a hour and 45 minutes from Alfreton.

Well worth going imo,love Lee and Cragg.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

I’ll be there, good excuse to try out the new bike up there 😀
    Caz xx

TonyL
    Free Member

Any one else about on Thursday?

Junkyard
    Free Member

wish i was but sickies and appearing on TV are frowned apon in my work place- fascsists

el_diablo
    Free Member

I may be off work, if I am I’ll be there on my neon green Orange Blood, should make me easy to spot in the background!

retrorick

I shall make the effort to ride over, it’ll give me a chance to ride the new link route between Cragg and Lee quarry again.

Rick.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i did’nt see any of that there today but i did see plenty of amblumnces and hecilopters … anybody know owt?

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’m not working on Thursday. If the forecast cheers up a bit, I’ll be there.

crazy-legs

If I can get the morning off I’ll head over, not been up there for ages.

mafiafish
    Free Member

I might pop up, great for the place to get some more publicity!

elaineanne
    Free Member

ambulances and helicopters ??? i was at lee early today up until 1.30pm.. was there an accident ????

Nezbo
    Free Member

I’ll be there 🙂 was planing to head over that way anyway 🙂

philfive
    Free Member

gutted as i would of come up

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

oooohhh you just missed it then elaine anne … its was errrm blue and flashy ;O)

can anyone shed any light on the injured?

portlyone

Interested, want to try out that new link route too

Onzadog
    Free Member

Had a chat with my driver. There’s a good chance the two of us will be there.

TonyL
    Free Member

Excelent stuff if you do make it up there we should be around the pump track, I’ll be on a gey Genesis Aplitude or in a white LCC van.

Any one know if there was an accident in the quarry today and if so what happened or where and how everyone involved is doing?

stumpyjon

I’ll be on a gey Genesis

!!!!!

Busy day for the air ambulance, out at Gisburn as well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Looking grey out that way today.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

I’m up and the bike is ready :D..I’m gonna be the comedy background element when I crash lol
    CAaz xx

philfive
    Free Member

Nice windy day today for this.

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

Windy!!! it was gale force up there lol…my bike didn’t want to stay with me, it wanted to go flying! 😆
    Caz xxx

Onzadog
    Free Member

Windy doesn’t begin to describe it. Normally I wouldn’t object to being blown off every so often throughout the day but that was a bit much!

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

You know it’s windy when you have to get off and push the bike downhill! :lol:..I had to today, but I am feeble.
    Caz xx

circle
    Free Member

I was up at Lee Quarry on Sunday (first visit there, me on a 456, and two mates – one on a genesis, and sthe other on something called a rockrider) and we saw an ambulance near the pump track, and a helicopter landed above us. Somebody told us about an “older bloke with craked ribs” being the casualty but I don’t really know.

Anyway, Lee Quarry – great place! Really enjoyed Crag Quarry too. Shame it’s such a drive for us to get to.

Si

retrorick

I can vouch for the wind also. I rode into a solid headwind back over the
    Link track to cragg quarry and rode at walking pace past the turbines going downhill.

On a different note it looks as if one of the turbines has self destructed!
    The blades and tower were all covered in soot and the exposed generator looked burnt out.

Rick.

TonyL
    Free Member

They did get some filming done in the end, very windy though. Ali C and Ricky Crompton provided the skill side of things. It will be interesting to see how it turns out hat off to the sound guy if he could get anything usable in all that wind.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘BBC filming at Lee Quarry riders wanted.’ is closed to new replies.