Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BBC – Bamboo Bicycle Company?
  • nickhead
    Free Member

Be interested to know what the figures are in terms of cost and energy used in production… and what’s the fatigue rate like on Bamboo?

Bamboo Bikes on the BBC

aracer
    Free Member
    robsoctane
    Free Member

wow, I like that…

bruneep
    GlitterGary
    Free Member

At that price, I’d rather knock one up out of a few pallets and old chair legs.

nickhead
    Free Member

Can’t see the appeal as a high-end bike… I’d imagined the sustainable technology would be better suited to projects like this

aracer
    Free Member

$3k for a frame doesn’t actually seem that bad to me compared to other high end stuff.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

nickhead – I’ve test ridden the Brookes Bamboo hardtail, very nice it is too, has a lovely ‘softness’ which really takes the sting out the back end but importantly the bottom bracket area is still remarkably stiff. The frame has passed the CEN testing so clearly robust aswell.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’ve only done the car park test on it so far but you can immediately feel how smooth and stiff it is. Looks amazing too. Having been to the lab at Brookes Uni where they’re made, I was really impressed with the level of testing & obvious know-how that went into the design. CEN testing is pretty tortuous anyway so that just confirms how tough they are.

Trimix
    Free Member

That Trans Alp race they did on them was tough. Looked like a great way to test a bike.

I saw it at last years Bristol Bike Fest and it did look really good – lots of thought and attention to detail by guys who ride bikes regularly.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Vid from the real BBC..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14397027

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BBC – Bamboo Bicycle Company?’ is closed to new replies.