Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BBC 5Live Radio coverage of road races – thinly veiled annoyance at the TV
  • couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I was working last few days but tuned in a cheapo AM radio to stay in touch (and quietly cheer) something I have no real understanding of but somehow felt supportive of.

Anyway, the radio coverage was pretty good overall – I’d imagine I’d do a much much MUCH worse job of (eg on the radio they knew the lead contenders, the likely outcome for the Russian today etc) – But they were counting gaps on their fingers (One elephant, two elephant….) ’cause the tv gaps were obviously missing and out – so what was up with the tv coverage?

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

The telly coverage of the mens race was awful, mostly because they didn’t seem to be able to get any info to the commentators so they didn’t know gaps from breakaways or even who was in the breakaways…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Cheers PriceJohn. Sounds like top marks to R5Live then from me!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

The coverage of the women’s race was better, but neither Porter or Boardman commentate on road racing. The men’s race was abysmal on the BBC. I noticed how for today the bbc dragged anyone they could in front of the camera including a woman from London dynamo and a bloke from the wirral. Dr hutch even gave a coherent background to the race.

Brotherton on r5 regularly covers road racing. They need to put Porter out to grass ASAP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BBC 5Live Radio coverage of road races – thinly veiled annoyance at the TV’ is closed to new replies.