Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BBB Torque Wrench – any reports
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Might pick one up from CRC, anyone have any comments on whether it’s decent/worth the money, etc.?

This one, by the way: – £58 at the mo.

Cheers!

theflatboy
    Free Member

Maybe not, have just been looking at those on Amazon after digging up an older thread on here. Very tempting, though part of the reason I’m looking on CRC is a birthday voucher I need to allocate!

theflatboy
    Free Member

By the way, am I right in thinking that I actually need two torque wrenches – one for the delicate stuff and one for the gorilla-tightness stuff?

Would ideally like to get just one if possible!

FuzzyWuzzy

Gorilla-tightness = do up as tight as you can
    ‘Fragile’ stuff that’s 5/6Nm then use a Ritchey torque key
    I have the BBB torque wrench (+ the Park deflecting one) but never use them these days. Also be careful with the BBB if you do by it, if the mode selector thing isn’t fully engaged then the torque click thing doesn’t work and you can end up putting way more torque into something than you should be, waiting for the click that’s not going to happen.
    I’m far from great in the workshop but all I’ve stripped in the last couple of years is a lever clamp bolt in a Formula brake lever (and I contend the original one was made of cheese).

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cheers. I do wonder if this is the sort of thing I’d buy and then gradually stop using… Having said that, I’m in a previously-untested world of roadie carbon frame and parts, so thinking I should be sensible about things and get torquing.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Used mine for the last five years
    super handy bit of kit well made too

iainc

I have that one (well actually the Giant one, but it’s basically the same). Good piece of kit IMO.

Oh, and the Giant branded one can be had for less dosh :

here, and other places

GrahamS

Gorilla-tightness = do up as tight as you can

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a couple of years now. Very handy bit of kit and use it a lot (Thompson Stem in particular). Wouldn’t want to be without it..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BBB Torque Wrench – any reports’ is closed to new replies.