Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BBB Rollerboys
  • Dancake
    Free Member

After smashing my mech up Sunday, I think it can live again.

Was going to buy these, but if they are going to seize up first ride I am better off with wobbly bushes.

Any experiences? (NB Its going on a Bog standard deore so wont be throwing any more than a tenner at it! )

Note to self: “If you shorten your chain by 3″ at the start of a ride due to a rogue branch, dont forget and accidentally use the middle ring later on resulting in broken hanger, cassette and mech”

I phone by Dancake2010, on Flickr

househusband

You’ll survive.

I’ve fitted them to several bikes over the years once the Shimano ones have worn.

jimc101
    Free Member

Had a pair, they lasted a couple of rides before the were rough, would get OEM Shimano as cost was is a factor (CRC has RD5700’s for £7.99 which will work) , Hope ones are really nice, but pricey, and out of the price range you have listed.

bigdean

Had mine well over a year. Swaped them onto the new slx mech and still going well.

Northwind

Still going strong in mine, seem more longlived than X9 standards. The “shell” that surrounds the bearing can clog up a little in muddy conditions but it takes all of 2 minutes to clean it out and keep them going well.

argoose
    Free Member

Bearings went rough very quickly.
    Was looking at these

Dancake
    Free Member

Thanks argoose…I really didnt need to spend that extra fiver but for some reason I did. Will post the obligatory pic on here when done.

🙂

Dancake
    Free Member

100_0276 by Dancake2010, on Flickr

feel nice and smooth. Doesnt bind up when clamped up – tolerance of the sheilds is good so they have enough clearance to run when clamped up but there isnt a big gap to let crap in…

The wheel bearing has two sheilds which are pressed into the bearing There is a small hollow shaft insert that goes inside these but it is too small on the inside diameter for my Shimano screws. I ran without – the bearing is held secure once it is clamped between the sideplates but I may make up little inserts to make it ‘right’

100_0277 by Dancake2010, on Flickr

ignore the chain and crap…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BBB Rollerboys’ is closed to new replies.