Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BB95 which bottom bracket for XT M8000 advice pls.
  • julzm
    Free Member

I’ve had new XT M8000 on back order for ages so hoping to get it next month sometime. I haven’t ordered a BB though. Bike currently runs SRAM crankset, so I’m assuming I need to change the BB?

Shimano don’t seem to make a Hollowtech one in BB95 though, is there another Hollowtech standard that will fit? I know BB95 is proprietary to Trek but I’ve heard HOLLOWTECH II in 68/73mm will fit. Is this correct?

How easy is it to get to the old BB out? Do I need a special tool?

Sorry for all the questions, my other bike is threaded BB which is much simpler it seems.

Thanks.

simondbarnes

You’ll need a Trek BB95 in Shimano fit AFAIK.

rideforlife2
    Free Member

Drop it down your local bike shop as you’ll need a tool to get the current bearings out and another to press the new ones into the frame. Trek do a BB95 bearing in the shimano axle size

Rorschach
    Free Member

The bearings are a ‘light’ push fit (or at least should be….they have a nasty habit of wearing the frame :o( ).It’s an at home job.

vincienup
    Free Member

BB95? I hadn’t been paying any attention to the new XT yet as I’m happily 2×10’ing still, but have Shimano moved away from 24mm? Or is this a Trek thing you need for a Trek frame?

simondbarnes

Or is this a Trek thing you need for a Trek frame?

This

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BB95 which bottom bracket for XT M8000 advice pls.’ is closed to new replies.