Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BB92 pressfit help needed , hope compatibility ???
  • jimr80
    Free Member

i currently have a PP Shan hardtail which is in need of a new BB. It uses a BB92 press fit BB and I want to fit a Hope PF46 press fit BB as a replacement.
    According to the product description on CRC this BB is compatible with my frame, however it comes in 3 width fittings which are 68,73 and 83mm. The outer shell of the frame on the Shan measure 92mm. So does anyone know which one of these width works or is there an error on behalf of CRC.
    Also hope only show up to a 83mm width shell on there fitting manual.
    hope link

drovercycles
    Free Member

Welcome to the confusing world of BB “standards”…

The problem you’re having is that the Shimano BB92 has a 41mm shell diameter rather than 46, I believe. Best measure the diameter of your BB shell – it will clearly be either 46 or 41mm, no room for confusion there.

Assuming it is 41mm, you need BBPF41SSN.

Rorschach
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pf41-press-fit-ceramic-bottom-bracket/rp-prod130426
    But not ceramic.
    Also you need a £50 hope tool to fit it.

jimr80
    Free Member

Drover,
    thanks, it would seem that CRC have just copied the specs from the PF41 listing stating its compatiable with BB92 bottom brackets.
    I have checked with hopetech manual and what you are saying seems to be correct.
    Hope BB fitting schedule

jimr80
    Free Member

Rorschach
    i was hoping to either scrounge the tool(borrow) if someone on here had one or speak nicely(carrying cake) with my LBS 😀

drovercycles
    Free Member

I believe they can be fitted without using the Hope-specific tool although you will need some sort of bearing press to do a decent job. The Hope tool is best.

If you’re going to ask your LBS to fit it, ask them to supply it too – surely? CRC are only saving you 10% anyway which most shops would match if you ask nicely, or they might charge RRP but fit it for free.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BB92 pressfit help needed , hope compatibility ???’ is closed to new replies.