Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BB30/PF30 bottom brackets, getting through them rather quickly.
  • amt27
    Free Member

I have managed to get through two PF30 BBs on a new bike in the last 3 months, the first one was replaced “out of good will” according the bike shop I bought the bike from.

Spent nearly £3k on the bike, so rather annoyed.

Any body else getting through them quickly.

I’ve noticed SRAM/Fisher are out of stock of the HT2 adaptors, guessing a lot of people are converting.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hope are on the case.I know where has got adaptors in stock (saw it coming).

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Watch out for press fit BBs moving in the frame and wearing the BB housing. We’ve seen that on a couple of budget carbon frames locally. I’d recommend using only the plastic shelled BBs from Shimano and not anything alloy shelled. They won’t last any longer but they’re less likely to take your frame with them when they do go. The problem particularly affects singlespeed builds.

amt27
    Free Member

I am only aware of the SRAM PF30 bb, are there other PF30s on the market? my main issue is bearing wear due to dirt and water getting through the seals,

simple science, bigger surface area more water is going to get in, am i right?

obviously the current weather doesn’t help, but in the winter a good HT2 lasted a lot longer,

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

To be fair the press fit BBs I was referring to are the BB90 versions, but I don’t think any press fit sytem is up to the rigours of off roading. They may work fine in road bikes but that’s where they should stay.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BB30/PF30 bottom brackets, getting through them rather quickly.’ is closed to new replies.