Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • bb30 thredded???
  • hunter2701
    Free Member

so i have a set of old cranks that require a bb30 bottom bracket and the bike i wish to fit them on is thredded shell, is there anything that i can get to fit this?
    the cranke are some x0 carbon cranks, and the frame is an intense tazer ht.
    cheers

ichi
    Free Member

You can get inserts which allow for this. My Cannondale has a BB30 with an insert that allows for Hollowtech II threaded BBs.

Gee76
    Free Member

Aye looking myself at this and theres a few BB30 bb’s out there for threaded BSA frames at the mo, Hope and Raceface (Cinch 30mm) spring to mind but others from Rotor, FSA, Enduro, Tripeak, etc exist.

hunter2701
    Free Member

Sweet cheers guys ,great help as always

benji
    Free Member

http://wheelsmfg.com/bottom-brackets/threaded-bb/bsa-threaded-bottom-brackets/threaded-to-30mm-angular-contact-bb-black.html

If you are in the UK madison are the people to speak to. Just note the length of the crank spindle, is your’s actually compatible.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You need to make sure that your bottom bracket shell on the bike is actually big enough to accept a BB30 which has a large spindle . You can adapt to fit a smaller BB into a frame designed for larger but not the other way so if your current chainset is a Shimano then you won’t be able to fit a BB 30 .

toppers3933
    Free Member

Some bb’s are available but it depends on the length of the axle on your cranks. From memory the wheels manufacturing one requires an axle of at least 115mm. I would imagine that most others will be the same.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘bb30 thredded???’ is closed to new replies.