Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • BB30 Spanner
  • adrec
    Free Member

has anyone got / seen one of these for sale anywhere? just been in my LBS and the best the bloke could find was one on amazon for over £50! they were about £10 on CRC but no longer in stock anywhere.

its only for my old hardtail, so if I’m paying that sort of money i’ll buy a converter with a 2nd hand slx/xt

dovebiker

BB30 is a press-fit bottom bracket design and doesn’t need any tools except a press/drift to install/remove. If you’re trying to install a 30mm spindle crank with oversize cups into a threaded BB shell (BSA30) , then suitable tools available from RaceFace, Hope, Rotor and probably Park amongst others – it’s a bit bigger than a regular HT2 BB spanner

CheesybeanZ

If its for a 30mm crank (threaded not push fit) its a BBT79 Park tools 12 notch . I got mine from Fatbirds.co.uk .

adrec
    Free Member

its a flat spaner for tightening the spacer on the non drive side

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FSA-Bottom-Bracket-Adjuster-Spanner/dp/B0029LD6FE

this

dovebiker

OK, iz confused so it’s actually for the cranks – my Google-fu failed too except Jenson in the US. Does annoy you when they specify proprietary tools and don’t supply them with the bike/parts – RaceFace brought our Turbine Cinch cranks without the BB tool a few years ago – only found out after I’d bought the cranks.

simondbarnes

Any shop with a Windwave account can get one of those for you. They retail at £14.95 and they currently have 5 in stock. Part # is 230-5012

adrec
    Free Member

cheers i’ll look into that.

probably try a post in the wanted section on here later as well

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘BB30 Spanner’ is closed to new replies.