Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BB30 help
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

Can a BB30 PF30 crankset be used with any frame that doesn’t have a BB30 bb shell.

I am a bit lost when it comes to BBs etc.

Thanks

ChrisE
    Free Member

No BB30 is bigger than most other types sp would not be able to adapt it.

Mbnut
    Free Member

That was the conclusion I came to… thanks.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yes-depending on the BB.
    Hope make a BB for a threaded frame that’ll accept a 30mm axle.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Goldenwonder – I have searched for it but can’t find anything, any chance of a link.

Thanks

crazybaboon

A normal bb30 crank won’t fit the threaded 30mm cups as they’re too short, bb386 and bbright cranks will fit as will some SRAM cranks as they’re longer and come with a spacer to fit bb30
    BB30 bottom bracket shells are 68mm for road and 73mm for mtb, the same as for threaded but the bearings are internal, thus using a shorter axle for the crank
    PF30 only differs from bb30 in the cups, the cranks are the same

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Enduro make some bearings for a std sized press fit shell with a 30mm ID with a flange on the outer race that press into the frame instead of the plastic cups, I used them on my Giant to run an E13 bb30 chainset.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

We spoke to Hope last week & they do a conversion to allow BB30 cranks to work in their cups by swapping the bearings-We’re fitting them this week all being well.

benpinnick

Raceface also do a BB that will take a BB30 axle in a 68/73 BSA housing, for the right length crank.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

E13 also do one that fits a standard press fit frame, forgot about that one.

Mbnut
    Free Member

I have a standard threaded 73mm equipped bike but have been given a set of Sram PF30 11 speed cranks. I would love to use them hence the question.

Gotta love all the different bb options etc… but I guess that is progress.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BB30 help’ is closed to new replies.