Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • B&B or hotel in Harrogate?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

We're planning a road ride with a stop in Harrogate – any recommendations for a good B&B or hotel.

Nothing fancy, but I'll take any recommendations.

Also a good restaurant would be handy.

Ta

JohnClimber
    Free Member

We recently stopped in the Ascot House Hotel on Kings Road.

It was Ok with a great breakfast. You can have evening meals there but we walked into town.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What sort of price and what sort of food? Being Harrogate ( a conference centre town) there is lots of choice.

Shadow
    Free Member

BED restaurant is highly recommended clicky

brakes
    Free Member

just North of Harrogate, Knox Mill House is really nice
    it's up a hill too if that helps 😀

reggiegasket
    Free Member

thanks all.

Less than £40 per person probably. Nowt fancy, just clean and friendly will do.

It's after a 200-miler so we'll be too knackered to be that bothered….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lots of B&Bs around the Kings Road area (Ascot House mentioned above is decent for that sort of price) as it is near the conference centre. Our office is just opposite the conference centre and next to us is a lovely B&B called Brookfield House but I think it will cost a bit more.

Check that you aren't in the area at the time of a conference because if you are they will all be booked up and high rates.

For food – best Mexican: Salsa Posada just off Bower Road. Best Indian: Sartaj just off Kings Road. Best Chinese: Horoscope just off Cheltenham Mount. Then there are the chains (Pizza Express, Wagamama etc).

Best mid-price: The Tannin Level

Best expensive: Orchid Thai Fusion in Studley Hotel and William & Victoria's on Cold Bath Road (W&V's books up well in advance).

Best to avoid: Drum & Monkey seafood restaurant – used to be amazing but trades shit food on past reputation.

mudshark
    Free Member

Drum & Monkey – got food poisoning after eating there though unsure if they were to blame.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That wouldn't surprise me.

I have eaten twice as good for half the price. I took my wife there for a really special wedding anniversary night out – the food was rubbish and they got her main course wrong. I would never recommend the place.

Don't go to Rajput – they have just been done for human trafficking lol! Naughty naughty And their food is nothing special despite the son claiming to be 'the north's Indian answer to Jamie Oliver' once – they got themselves really slated by the food critic at The Guardian for that one 🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

There's a nice pub near there – Old Blue Bell? I used to stay at The Crown near it.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Many thanks, just the job.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Damn Yankee for dinner – You'll be up for a scooby snack after a ride like that 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It's the Old Bell Tavern – great pub with lots of real ales 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘B&B or hotel in Harrogate?’ is closed to new replies.