Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • B&B near Coed y brenin
  • cockellshell1
    Free Member

Hi, can anyone recommend a good place to stay near Coed y brenin.
    Just require bike lock up and a few pubs near by.
    My other thoughts were the lakes so any input would be appreciated.
    Cheers

gee
    Free Member

Tyn Y Groes is always ok. It’s about 3 miles up the road.

Northwind

I stayed in Betws-y-coed last time, not right on top of CYB but not too far, (and right beside the Marin) and it’s got a lot of choice of B&Bs etc. I stayed in the Glan Aber, which was one of those classic down-at-heel old hotels, cheap and pleasant and they’ll store bikes in the beer cellar for you if you want, they also have offstreet parking though.

boxfish
    Free Member

Ty Seren in Dolgellau Linky

coatesy
    Free Member

Heulwenguesthouse for me everytime, about 5mins drive from the Ty-n-Groes, and head & shoulders above it.

chambord
    Free Member

We stayed here last easter.

Breakfast excellent, log fire upstairs, really friendly couple own it, and the chap who runs it does biking tours up and around Cadir/snowdonia, and also a lot of work helping disabled people riding hand bikes. See Snow bikers.

ChrisI

Cae Gwyn (http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/) are very bike friendly with nice rooms and a lockup in an outbuilding which is code locked. Also have a drying area for those soggy days 🙂

gringojimi
    Free Member

As Gee mentioned, Tyn Y Groes is just down the road.
    Has a bike lockup and you can just cross the road and ride up a fireroad to the visitor centre.

rideronthestorm
    Free Member

stay with these guys they are the coolest and have a brilliant dog (the accommodation isn’t bad either :))

Home

between friends and I we’ve racked up a few collective stays here and it’s great; not far from Coed y Brenin centre, Penmachno is a short and brilliant drive away, they give you cake and beer for free everyday and drive you to the local pub out of the goodness of thier hearts at the end of the day.

recommend x a million

Ben

davenorth1
    Free Member

could try barmouth but u mite need a boat to get there now. check out barmouth flood on google images.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You could do a lot worse than going to stay at Biker’s Retreat in Dolgellau, just up the road.

http://www.bikersretreat.co.uk/

We’ve been going for years now, Nigel & Tiv run a very hospitable operation and you can keep your bikes inside

cockellshell1
    Free Member

Cheers guys some great advice.
    It will be our first mtb break,hopefully August/September time.
    Are there options outside the trail centres for biking in theses areas as well?
    We sometimes like to just ride out and explore/get lost. 😳

Thanks, can’t wait

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘B&B near Coed y brenin’ is closed to new replies.