Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • B&B near Coed-Y-Brenin
  • frogger
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good, MTB friendly B&B near Coed-Y-Brenin please?

I did a search on here and strangely got nothing. Maybe something to do with the & character, not sure.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Always been very well served by the Tyn Y Groes at CYB. Cae Gwyn also gets a good mention.

tonyd

It’s self catering so not sure how short a stay you can do, but we stayed at Mostyn Cottage here:

http://www.coedybrenin.com/

for a long weekend once. It’s basic but has everything you need and is right on the trails so you can ride from the door – great for night rides.

Edit to add: I just looked at the prices and nearly fell out of my chair! I’m sure we didn’t pay anywhere near that amount. If you do consider this place I’d recommend some fierce haggling.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also stayed at Mostyn and would agree on the basic bit. Great at night if it’s quiet though, you’re miles from anything!

singletrackmind

2nd Cae Guy farm .
    Run by a really nice bike friendly couple.
    They will taxi you t ‘pub if you ask very nicely.
    Lock up for bikes too, and riding distance to CYB .
    Buffet breaky but enough to fill you up but no huge heart attack salty fry up. If thats your thing.

coatesy
    Free Member

Just in the process of trying to book at Heulwenguesthouse, keep going back time after time. Highly recommended.

garius
    Free Member

Try this cottage,about 30 min drive away,stunning location and a cracking pub 5 mins walk away!

http://www.stayinwales.co.uk/detail.cfm?i=7004#contact-trigger

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The YHA at Trawsfynnedd (is that spelt correctly?) has served me well. Clean, tidy, inexpensive and with a lockable bike store. You have to cook your own meals tho’. CyB is ride-able but it’s a dull long straight (main) road. OK in the morning but probably not ideal at the end of the day.

neil853
    Free Member

i’ve also stayed at Cae Gwyn, friendly, good value for money and we chose to not have breakfast there but have it at the visitors centre instead (which as improved massively by the way in quality of service).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘B&B near Coed-Y-Brenin’ is closed to new replies.