Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BB mounted blackspire stinger
  • tails
    Free Member

Will this rotate on the bb and go into the chain and chainring?

bruneep

mine has never moved since fitted.

xiphon
    Free Member

Not if you A) de-grease the contact area, and B ) tighten it up enough

swingbing
    Free Member

Mine did to start with. I have now put a little bit of locktight on the drive side BB before assembly. Been fine since.

tails
    Free Member

Thats a good idea, glue and possibly give the surface a key.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

Mine only moves when I clobber it with a rock, unfortunately this happens surprisingly frequently and is mighty annoying as the chain then gets pinched on the stay.

bails

Mine’s never moved, even when I’ve whacked it with a hammer!

Northwind

Depends how tight you do it up.

The downside of doing it up real tight, is that if you do eventually manage to move it, you can’t easily move it back! I keep mine ever so slightly looser, it still doesn’t move often but when it does I can get it back in place without needing a BB tool.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Mine only moves when I clobber it with a rock, unfortunately this happens surprisingly frequently and is mighty annoying as the chain then gets pinched on the stay.

some people see this is a benefit, as opposed to having the tabs (ie. part of your frame) damaged when an ISCG-mounted guide hits a rock…

ffej
    Free Member

I assume this is only an issue when you’re running without a bash guard.. I have an e13 bash and the stinger roller just touches, it shouldn’t be able to move in that scenario.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BB mounted blackspire stinger’ is closed to new replies.