Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BB Mount Chain Guide as Single Speed Tensioner?
  • adrianmurray
    Free Member

Seems possible.

Anyone tried it?

Thoughts?

scaredypants

GUESS:

slack chain is at the bottom and I suppose the place it’s most likely to misalign is at the back – i.e. after it’s had 15 inches or so of wobbling about before it reaches the back cog

conventional tensioner “controls” the chain at the back, where I think it’s most necessary; yours will control it but quite a distance further away. I bet it’s moderately effective at least (my mate uses a vert dropout frame with no tensioner and the chain flaps about like hell but hardly ever falls off – it’s a “proper” unmachined ss chain and I think that matters quite a lot

IMO IANAL YMMV HTH GSOH LOL

clubber
    Free Member

assuming you mean one where the pulley is under the bb then yes, they work. the only downside I found was that over time or if you caught it on obstacles it’d bend or lose tension.

alexpalacefan

This could be what you’re looking for. Much better looking on the bike IMHO.

ETR-B Tensioner

TTFN

APF

jameso

I like that ETR-B tensioner. I expect a hanger-mount would be lighter but the BB mounts do look good.

adrianmurray
    Free Member

Sweet. Thanks.

Just figured it looks a neater solution than one of those tensioners hanging off the back looking like a spare part.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BB Mount Chain Guide as Single Speed Tensioner?’ is closed to new replies.