Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • bb help please
  • gwailo
    Free Member

Hey there again guys. heres my next noob question.
    I cant get the other side of the BB out but i got the axel and one side + the spacers. any idea if i can get a replacement or would a sealed bb do me fine?

thanks and sry for the noob question

this is what my crank looks like out of the packaging (all the bits as new)

sorry , mine does not come with a spider

coatesy
    Free Member

Are you aware that the cups come out in opposite directions? (drive side cup goes clockwise to loosen)

Drac

BB Cups are towards the front wheel to loosen.

julianwilson
    Free Member

The stuck side: are you undoing it the right way? The drive/chainring side of the BB is threaded the opposite way round so you turn it clockwise to take it out.

If you like the cranks and don’t want to spend too much money you might be able to press the dead bearings out of the BB cups and see if you can get replacements. Ka-tec bearings (kaesae on this forum) is most helpful, he might be a bit more expensive than random budget bearings on ebay but is a friendly guy and may be able to give you tips. Or ring BETD, they could also press new bearings in for you (but likely a bit more expensive than ka-tec.)

coatesy
    Free Member

Like waiting for a bus innit? 8 hours, and then 3 come along together.

gwailo
    Free Member

Yet again I may have made a bellend out of my self. Prob over tightened it in the process! Thanks for the advice guys. Love you longtime 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘bb help please’ is closed to new replies.