Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • BB fitting hassle
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

I am replacing my creaking SRAM GXP BB. As their reputation is poor I am trying an alternative make. (Stronglight). Following the manufactures instruction or copying the old BB still results in the cranks binding when tightening them. that before full torque has been used.
    Should I be using the thing preload washer thingy off the SRAM BB. I assume its part of the BB and thus wouldn’t be appropriate to the replacement.
    Using it makes no difference.
    all permutations of spacers between bearing shell and crank have been tried.
    any ideas? What should I be looking at? It seems as if I have too many spacers yet the new shells are shallower. Add more spacers maybe? I have used all that came with the BB.
    Its a X0 crank.

steezysix
    Free Member

If the cranks are binding, I would think you’ve used too many spacers? Depending on the width of the BB shell, there should be an optimum amount – check the instructions that came with the BB or the Google.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Matching the BB instructions makes things bind. Going to re fit old one and measure accurately the width then copy that.
    Is the thin spacer that goes on under the crank part of The BB as opposed to a SRAM crank?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘BB fitting hassle’ is closed to new replies.