Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 (online)
  • slowjo
    Free Member

What is the best weapon combination as Medic and Recon?

I just can't make up my mind and keep chopping and changing. I have practically everything available on these two options and just wondered what others thought.

Drac

Recon I prefer m24 but also use vss.

Medic I use g3 most of the time.

I've unlocked them all so use engineer now with pvp2000 gustav and tracer.

grim168
    Free Member

How does this game compare to mw2. Is the controller layout similar. I keep buying new games but seem to be addicted to cod.

Graham

slowjo
    Free Member

Online, it beats COD into a cocked hat. The graphics aren't quite as good but things like squad play in Rush make it much better. Games are longer too so you don't keep cycling through scenarios every 10 minutes.

Campaign is a bit easy and short so I zipped through that in a couple of days.

Drac

Fantastic game way better than mw2 which is very good. I play bc2 on the pc as better fir fps. Graphics are great and gameplay is great.

Any pc players look for jpnwo server Im an admin for that. It's busy mind but new queue system is due.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Ps3 ( Swiftacular fir anyone that wants a game) here, and I think if you want a close intimate game, MW2 wins by a mile. Much better graphics and runs much quicker smoother and generally slicker.
    However if you want frenetic action on a much bigger scale, BFBC2 is awesome.
    Play both in hardcore for less frustration and a fairer fight is my tip.
    My only issue is I love the desert levels ( arica harbour especially) birding really like some of the jungly levels.
    If you're a camper or like playing sniper, MW2 doesn't work as well, imo.

Drac

If your a camper ffs don't play rush.

Haze

I use the Gol with x12 scope for Recon, haven't bothered with medic yet.

I quite happily camp on rush as long as I'm part of a squad and keep relatively near the objective.

Provides a safer/handy spawn point for your squad mates and you can help defend the charge once it's been armed.

Keep spamming the motion mines and restocking off your assault guys, no reason why you can't effectively contribute.

Admittedly though, gets a bit shit when there's too many recon on any team.

Drac

That's different haze I'm talking about bushwookies. The ones who sit way back on the map in their droves.

Haze

I did that in the early days I admit, whilst I was getting used the maps etc.

It gets a bit boring after a while and contributes nothing to the team (apart from less deaths maybe)

I'm due a couple of hours tonight, might have to look your server up 8)

Drac

Aye pop on Haze, I'm night shift tonight so won't be around.

Pickl3s is my tag.

The server is currently working it's way up the gametracker ranks and hasn't been empty all day.

slowjo
    Free Member

If anyone is on XBox3 I'm SaxhamWarrior (my son chose the name) 😳

Just had a go at lunchtime (Rush) and came away with an 8,500 and a 13,500 score. All down to hitting lots of big bonuses at once and healing a lot of people! Usually it is much lower than that.

Sorry, why the hardcore recommendation?

Drac

Sorry, why the hardcore recommendation?

Bullet damage is increased, no stupid easy enemy spotting and minimaps.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

M60 is so overpowered at the moment that they are going to nerf it with an upcoming patch (already done on PC), but if you're not using it on Medic at the moment then you're not cheating as you might be. You want the red dot on the M60 as the iron sights are terrible for this weapon. Post nerf I think it's the G3 on medic.

On Recon I favour the SSU Short with the 4x scope. This plays more like an assault rifle, but then I don't like sniping. M95 with x12 if you're sniping.

slowjo
    Free Member

Hmmm… looks like hardcore will be worth a try. For some reason I have never ventured into it.

Drac

The M60 is still way overpowered people still run in with it spray and praying taking out full squads with ease. The 870 shotgun used with magnum perk is also way overpowered it's like a sniper rifle.

Patch is due out again tomorrow for PC, some good additions.

Haze

Patch is due out again tomorrow for PC, some good additions

Client – Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score

Called in mortars the other night, onto about half a dozen enemy spawning behind a rock.

Got taken out before they had chance to register 😥

Drac

Yeah stupid that is but least it's being fixed. I'm hoping the kill death filter removal means it's gone from the scoreboard. Reckon that will reduce the snipers when they end up with a shite score.

slowjo
    Free Member

With the XBox you get kill after death, resupply after death and heal after death which is all good IMO.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Just saw this thread.
    I'm addicted to the game – PS3 – Andyc709292

In rush defense I use the "SAIGA 20K SEMI" on medic with shotgun mag upgrade. Tis excellent to defend a position with that gun, and as a medic you can revive/heal people at the scene, making it almost impossible to breach.
    Attacking – well, I use the add-on MG3 – SPECTACT, it's pretty handy, and with 4x scope it's excellent.

In the laguna/jungle conquest sessions I'm an engineer with mines, many, many tank kills that way…

Other conquest maps – chop and change depending on mood and gameplay, if there's too many snipers I'll go in as an assault or medic. Actually, since I've unlocked the 4x scope in medic assault seems pretty redundant.

Off to play now…

OmarLittle
    Free Member

the good thing with mines is you can lay them all at the start, then once you die change class (or stick with engineer and change to a carl gustav – which is pretty good for sniping with 😀 ) and you can still get a load of kills later on with the mines. then once your mines are gone go and lay some more.

ex-pat
    Free Member

There's a chap here at work who's a PC gamer. He's playing hardcore and rates the guidance tracer gun – he'll take a shot with that then folks with the carl gustavs can shot straight up and the warhead is guided in. I've tried that a few times in PS3 sessions but no one seems too into it. Perhaps a differing style of gaming I think.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Battlefield Bad Company 2 (online)’ is closed to new replies.