Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Battlefield 3 on xbox
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I’m keen to have a go at battlefield 3 but can’t justify upgrading or replacing my PC just for one game so I’m looking at getting a second hand xbox for it.

Is it any good on the xbox? I can’t imagine playing an FPS with a joystick and not a mouse. Will any old xbox run the game ok? Do you need a really good connection to run the game in multiplayer? Is it just a case of plugging it in to the PC router to get a connection? Thanks!

peterfile
    Free Member

PCs are for spreadsheets, games consoles are for….games 🙂

Any xbox will work fine (although best to get one with a HDD so that you can save your profile, however most do have them).

How fast is your internet connection? It would need to be pretty crap not to run multiplayer.

Yeah, just plug an ethernet cable in the back of your router (or buy an add on wifi connection for the xbox) and you are good to go.

(You’ll need an xbox live subscription to play online, but you normally get a months free with a new game, and Cougar posted a good link for a cheap annual deal, it was about £24 i think)

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

OK thanks. I get about 3gb but it’s not all that stable. I can play bf2 on my pc ok most of the time. I just can’t imagine getting the quick aiming and accuracy with a controller as effectively as with a mouse :p.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sobriety
    Free Member

In my experience you won’t, and the auto-aim will drive you insane (but you’ll have to use it, as everyone else does).Which is why I use my xbox for everything except fps. PC is just better for it.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Hmm ok. So they have auto aim because the contols are so bad for FPS? Don’t like the sound of that. Auto aim would be cheating on PC.

titusrider
    Free Member

I have a PS3 that i bought for grand tourismo 5 thought id get some FPS too, BF2, 3 and OFP Dragon rising (first ever console)

I would say that if you were pretty good with a pc it will take you forever to adapt to joystick stuff and will still be fun but pretty frustrating. The aiming really is as terrible as you imagine

(ex counterstrike/ day of defeat/ OFP/ ARMA player)

PS PS3 doesn tneed paying subs and is a good blue ray player so if u just want BF3 then go for that

PlopNofear
    Free Member

I bought it for PC a few weeks ago and am really impressed. I have always bought games for my PS3 but with BF3 because the graphics are so good it seemed PC was only logical. You do get much better graphics on PC than console if your PC is specced up enough. I can’t imagine how the controls would be mapped out on console as there are quite a few on pc and you can easily rebind them, to make them easy to use.

My internet is shocking 0.9mbits (125kbps d/l speed) and I play multiplayer just fine. I get a ping of around 30ms which is average really.

Also you can pay for premium accounts for the extra maps and extra guns and co-op missions. I think it is £30, which is more than I paid for the game itself. It does give you an advantage as you get better weapons but what can you do.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

It looks like PC is the only option then. I wouldn’t enjoy the game if I wasn’t able to waste people like I do in BF2 on my PC 😆

shindiggy
    Free Member

I have it on PC and owned it briefly on the 360, the console version is shocking.

Only one way to play BF3, the PC.

Haze

Loved Desert Combat, BF2 etc. and like many I spent a stupid amount of hours/days hammering it on the PC.

Like you I couldn’t really justify the cost upgrade to play BF3 on it, just to give you an idea how old it was, the PC was built specifically with BF2 in mind just after it was released and could just about cope with BC2 with all the settings at their lowest.

So I bought it for my 360.

Tried so hard to get into it but in the end I just couldn’t warm to the controller.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Battlefield 3 on xbox’ is closed to new replies.