Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Battlefield 1
  • redthunder
    Free Member

@drac.

That would be great 🙂

Drac

Call me Jim, Speckled Jim.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Having played the beta on PS4 and seen it running on a pretty decent PC there really isn’t that much in it visually. Plays really well and its the most fun BF since bad company.

Drac

Single player is stunning.

Very immersive a brilliant storyline.

makkag
    Free Member

have people paid extra for getting it early or is this EA Access .. im on PS4 and have and cant pick up a copy till Friday ?

Drac

Preorded deal gave me 3 days early access. My multiplayer is still downloading it’s done that thing it does where the download slows right down and never speeds up unless you pause it.

Cougar

PS Anyone got a broken ST joystick with a cable I could salvage. I want to fix an old Wico stick which has had the cable cut off.

You can buy 9-pin D-sub connectors fairly readily.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/d-sub-connector-kits/7659555/

Drac

[video]https://youtu.be/fC1xM6f4gVY[/video]

It’s pretty damn good.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Got to admit it looks great although looks can be deceiving.
    Played an unholy number of hours of BC2, and then BF3 came along and was something of a disappointment.

Drac

This is way better it’s back to basics.

MrPottatoHead

I’d agree its better too. Have played my 10 hours on EA access and it is very good. Lots of variety on the multi-player maps and some stunning detail. Having destruction back on is great – the towns are completely decimated by the end of a 20 minute round so it feels like the maps are constantly changing.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

The rounds in the end of that clip have not firing pin marks… I smell a rat

Drac

Hahaha! Never noticed that before.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Where is everyone buying PC version from?
    Can’t see why I would pay £50 on Origin when I can get code in a box for £40 from amazon?

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Is this worth getting? I disliked the last couple of BF games and the direction the COD games are going is pish. So much so that I couldn’t even finish Black Ops 3 and only just play it for zombies now. I don’t get much time to play games these days anyway but would it be worth it for a few hours here and there? Oh and is it better than the new gears game as I’m quite enjoying that (what I’ve played that is)

Drac

It’s a very good version of battlefield close to the original in gameplay. Can’t compare it to Gears as I’ve got a PS4.

razorrazoo

This or CoD to sink the next 12 months of my life in?

Really enjoyed BC2 but been a CoD player on the 360, been holding off until now for a FPS on my PS4.

almightydutch
    Free Member

For those who care (which isnt many i know)
    I am running this on i7 2600k with 16Gb ram and a GTX 780.
    It runs on high settings (not ultra) on my 1440p between 40-50 fps. Which I dont consider bad performance and it still looks amazing. OK not quite as shiny and nice as the video shows but its still god damn good.
    Long time fan of BF series and without a shadow, this is the best yet.

Drac

Battlefield

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Being that medal of honour was imo the pinnacle of fps games, should I get BF1?

Drac

The singleplayer has a touch of MOH to it but it you see MOH as the pinnacle of all FPS games then you’re a lost hope.

alexxx
    Free Member

Kuco

I forgot all about this and just ordered it for delivery tomorrow.

razorrazoo

Drac – Moderator
    Battlefield

I can see man and money being parted very soon on this. Multiplayer is all I am interested in. Used to really enjoy the BC2 game where you had to destroy a series of bases before running out of reinforcement tokens, does this version have this?

Drac

There’s various game modes but not the one where you have to destroy a target.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I’m a massive gamer and loved Bf for years, even build my last system around BF4 which tbh left a horrid taste in my mouth with the way it crashed for the first nine months thanks to server errors and Dice, updates and such,

I played the beta and found it good if not a little cartoony in the graphics compared to BF4. Which I still play far to much now all the dlcs were given for free a few weeks back, perhaps Dices way of saying sorry for the cluster **** which was a messed up release

I’d love to jump on board on release day but after last time I’m going to wait a few months let the hype and price die down and watch the forums for hate posts towards origin ea dice and everyone involved with the game

lazybike
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to playing this….if I ever finish Destiny.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Looks great.

Except I don’t buy games until most of the bugs are gone and more cash for my bike hobby.

Only bought Star Wars Battlefront today for a tenner new.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

MOH as the pinnacle of all FPS games then you’re a lost hope.

Haha, yes, there’s just something about early warfare that I really enjoy rather than borderline fantasy shooters. COD looks closer to quake now than real world warfare.
    Halflife being the exception.

Drac

Haha, yes, there’s just something about early warfare that I really enjoy rather than borderline fantasy shooters. COD looks closer to quake now than real world warfare.

Yeah the WWII and WWI seem to work and play better.

BoardinBob

yes, there’s just something about early warfare that I really enjoy rather than borderline fantasy shooters.

Lost so many months playing this

[video]https://youtu.be/m-Hu6Lsc6IE[/video]

Drac

Great game.

alexxx
    Free Member

God I forgot all about that game… watching the gameplay has taken me back some years! No one makes great god view games now do they?

Natural Selection had a lot of promise but I feel that it was a bit of a let down mainly due to online players

BoardinBob

watching the gameplay has taken me back some years! No one makes great god view games now do they?

Re-issues on iPads etc would be most welcome!

somouk
    Free Member

I went and acquired this at lunch time but it looks like there are issues with the multi player servers. Been trying but can’t get online at all, apparently faults being reported all over the place.

jimdubleyou

Re-issues on iPads etc would be most welcome!

I fear a divorce might be on the cards if Age of Empires was released on iPad.

fifeandy
    Free Member

I went and acquired this at lunch time but it looks like there are issues with the multi player servers. Been trying but can’t get online at all, apparently faults being reported all over the place.

Hardly surprising really on day1.

somouk
    Free Member

Hardly surprising really on day1.

They had the Beta to get it all right.

It appears it may be as a result of a DDoS attack happening on east coast America at the moment though so hopefully will be fine by this evening.

Drac

It was PS4 servers predominantly but appear to be sorted now.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Battlefield 1’ is closed to new replies.