• This topic has 103 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Huwzy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Battle On The Beach
  • benji
    Free Member

It’s now past midnight, so go on folks get your entries in.

I’m in planning on SSCX for this bit of madness, anyone else going?

MikeWW
    Free Member

I’ll be there 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Done. It’s not an easy process to enter multiple teams.

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Boom! I’m in

russyh
    Free Member

I’m in!

bikerdan
    Free Member

I’m in, hoping to improve a bit from last year.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

in

anyone know a decent holiday park in the area? mrs and kids coming for the weekend, but theres no way in hell im camping with a 5,3 and 1yo 😆

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bluestone is about 45 mins away

Kryton57

I’m in!

flashes
    Free Member

In. I really like this event….

dai21t
    Free Member

I’m in, only 10 min from my house as well ?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Entered.. hopefully some motivation to ride a bit harder the next few months

tazzymtb

Loads of the singlespeed tribe in so it will be beer carnage the night before and comedy hyper spinny legs down the beach followed by more beer. You can tell the cx boys as theyre all tucked up in bed with a cocoa by 7:30 after the event. 😀

benji
    Free Member

What do singlespeed cx boys do? ok I’m a cocoa drinker I confess 🙂

Stiggy

I thought you might have gone fat for this one Benji!

tazzymtb

Don’t worry benji we’ll keep you from straying too far to the darkside

molgrips
    Free Member

Flat course then?

benji
    Free Member

@Stiggy, thought about fat, but have been loving spinning my little singlespeed along in the local cross leagues, so fancied a change. Been looking at singlespeeding the fatboy.

@Taz, thank you don’t want to become too at one with the darkside, I’ll eat some skittles with my cocoa 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

In again

adsh
    Free Member

Enjoyed it last time but felt it was too far for too short an event this year.

Surfr
    Free Member

Entered. Now the bike dilemma. Thinking XC hard tail at the moment.

benji
    Free Member

Well just under two weeks now, how’s everyones preparations going?

Had a good tinker with the SS MTB today, thunder burts front and back, bigger discs, and the old discs onto spare cross wheels. Training could have been better, been suffering with a cough/chest infection for the past month, just when I think it’s gone it comes back for another chunk.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Going well, nailed a double decker burger last night and pizza tonight. What do you mean that’s not how to go fat?
    On the cx bike this year after ss last year. Should be interesting.

IdleJon

Well just under two weeks now, how’s everyones preparations going?

I’ve lost 3/4 of a stone! 😀

Because of food poisoning. 😥 (Now in its eighth day….)

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pizza training going well.. Managed 2 this week. Done quite a lot of road riding and absolutely nothing off road. What’s the single track sections like on a CX bike?

IdleJon

Fine cloudnine. Nothing so techy that I can’t manage on mine. The only concession I’ve made over the last two years is a 35mm knobby tyre on the front, semi-slick on the back.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hmmm I’ve got some 40c wtb nano races.. Should I get something slicker on the back?

IdleJon

You’ll die if you use those. 😆

Honestly, you’ll be fine. I don’t know whether I’ll even fiddle with my tyres this year..

russyh
    Free Member

I have watched a few you tube clips and decided I need a much bigger chainring else I’m going to spin the fatty out I would suggest! Also need to sort a faster rolling rear tyre!

aP
    Free Member

I’ll be riding my 96 islabike 531 cx with 40c xplor tyres. Training? Ah. Oops. What to bbq the night before?

Clink

Got my entry (including camping) going spare, but think it’s too late to transfer to somebody else?

aP
    Free Member

I might know someone who’s interested in that.

Clink

^ e-mail in my profile if you need it.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

@IdleJon sorry to hear about the bad guts, truly an excellent way to crash diet though.
    I’ve gone for 34mm file treads this year after 2.4 nobby nics last year. Granted the bike is different too…
    I’ve got a week in Lanzarote training just beforehand, by training I mean all-inclusive.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

From memory CX tyres will be a problem in some of the deeper sandy bits after the single track on the way back to the start area, plus the transition from land to beach and beach to land areas.

MTB tyres or Fat bike tyres are the answer if you don’t want to get on and off in places.

nedrapier

Entered on SS Fat, but that seems rather silly as I’ve also got a cross-type thing with Thunder Burts. And gears. And a working freehub.

IdleJon

From memory CX tyres will be a problem in some of the deeper sandy bits after the single track on the way back to the start area,

Beg to differ, but I didn’t find a problem there at all. You just blast through the softer bits.

11 days in. Will my weight drop below 80kg for the first time in 10+ years? Will I be riding?

flashes
    Free Member

I tend to do it on a SS Fat. The result depends on the wind direction on the beach, the fierce headwind (first year) was hard work but the comedy tail wind (last year) meant everyone whizzed past….Still I’m not going to win, so I’m happy to ride that.

nedrapier

Still I’m not going to win

Well yes, there’s that. I’m beginning to let go of my podium hopes. I don’t think I started tapering early enough.

pipiom
    Free Member

3 X Manx fatties arriving Thursday night, and we want to do a little explore ride on Friday (not the course,of course)….can anyone give us an idea where’s best for a,3-4 hour,little bimble?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Battle On The Beach’ is closed to new replies.