Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Battle on the Beach
  • bikerdan
    Free Member

Somehow this has come round rather quickly. Minimal training has been completed and bike tinkering has yet to be done. Will three laps kill me? Any tips? Planning to fit flat bars and barends to help with the beach stretches.

My wife asked me this evening if I am going to finish last, plenty of support.

Ringo
    Free Member

I’ve hardly ridden in 5 weeks with chest infection 🙁 ill keep you company at the back 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

Only tip I’ve got is not to crash on the first lap, break a couple of ribs and dnf 🙁 I’ll be taking it easy this year, just hoping to enjoy myself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mtbmatt
    Free Member

Still early days on the weather forecast, but there is a chance of a tailwind!

niloC
    Free Member

Don’t believe him, if there is a tail wind he will reverse the course 😉

flashes
    Free Member

I intend to smash my 197th overall placing from last year. Although if I don’t stop after the 2nd lap thinking the race was over and spend 15 mins having coffee and cake at the Surly stand, that might help.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I seem to have entered this, can’t remember doing it nor even considering doing it..

But it looks like a right old laugh.

I will be mullered and I’m sticking with my Grifo’s, which are perfect for soft sand 😆

rOcKeTdOg

I have a place but can’t travel down until Sunday morning so might be a 5am start to get there in time, race and then 4hr drive back after, will be keeping an eye on the forecast

IdleJon

I will be mullered and I’m sticking with my Grifo’s, which are perfect for soft sand

The sand is hard enough after you get over the soft stuff at the top of the beach.

I’ll be there again, hopefully the bomb disposal unit won’t be this year. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Battle on the Beach’ is closed to new replies.