Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • battery led security lights?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

anyone ever used battery movement sensitive led security lights? saw some on amazon earlier and thought they would be ideal around my workshop so i can see when i turn off the lights and lock up.

thought i may be able to find some silly cheap from china but no joy so far.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive put http://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-flood-security-lights/solar-portable-flood-lights/solar-flood-light-pir-80-lumens.html

up down the side of the house where i have no power but didnt want folks lurking in the shadows around my shed window…..

they have survived the torrential downpours and wind of late without difficulty – i was sceptical given the price i will be honest – might not last for ever but a year is fine by me given how much easier it was to mount than running cables all over the shop.

martinhutch

There have been a load popping up on the Black Friday deals this week – whether they’re all done now, i don’t know, but might be worth keeping an eye out.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The problem with movement sensitive ones is that they’ll always be draining the batteries in order to operate the movement sensors. Solar would be better, or just use ones with a switch.

Simon

I’ve had the same light as in Trail Rat’s link (but from Tesco) outside my shed for the last 3 or 4 years, still works fine and is still on its original batteries.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ve had the same light as in Trail Rat’s link (but from Tesco) outside my shed for the last 3 or 4 years, still works fine and is still on its original batteries.

I wonder why?

No batteries required – Powered by the sun

😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

was that an ironic statement johndoh ?

its not sunny at night – when the light works.

johndoh
    Free Member

Not at all, it’s in the item description.

Simon

A solar powered light would be pretty useless without a battery.

Specs from the link……

Flood Light 15pcs LED (1 Watt)
    Solar Panel 1pc (6 Volt)
    4.8m Lead Cable from Solar Panel to Flood Light
    Rechargeable Battery Unit 1pc (3.6 Volt Ni-MH AAA 700mAh)[/b]
    Sensitivity 2-6.5 Metres
    Delay Time 30 Seconds

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

thanks, i’ll give one of them a go for 13quid.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘battery led security lights?’ is closed to new replies.