• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by pb2.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Battery Heated Gloves
  • pb2

Big thanks to everyone for your answers to the best light under a ton thread, thats sorted for the boss, next up heated gloves, the poor thing feels the cold really bad. A quick search on here has delivered zilch, google baffles you too much info and prices from £20ish to £200ish 😯 So the big question any one out there have any advice/info on battery heated gloves, thnx Paul

ps I have thought about telling her to MTFU —– but on second thoughts 😕

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Heated grips i’ve seen.. but not gloves

brant
    Free Member
    pb2

Brant what are you on ? Can’t see my missus or any other girl wearing those, they are huge & fugly and thats me being kind 🙂

MrSparkle

You don’t wear ’em, ya divot! They are fitted to your handlebars. Much beloved of these types who race across Alaska etc.

pb2

I know you don’t wear them per se but to all intents it looks like your wearing them and thats enough to have the girls screaming noooh and although it can get chilly, the north west is not really Alaska is it ????

AlexSimon

Not much use for a present (although I did get my wife some for her birthday once) but you could just stick some Hotties down them.
    They are surprisingly hot!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40-PAIRS-FULL-BOX-LITTLE-HOTTIES-HAND-WARMERS-SAFE-GOLF-SKI-GLOVES-THERMAL-NEW-/251152620396?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&hash=item3a79dcdb6c

My Maplin gloves lasted two rides before they fell apart.

Blazewear is what you need.

Got heated insoles as well. Fantastic.

ads678

A guy at work has some that he wears under his motor bike gloves. think he got them off ebay for about £100 for gloves and battery pack a couple of years ago, he loves them. them just look like normal gloves.

jota180
    Free Member

You may find something suitable on the Gerbing’s site
    http://gerbing.com/

The battery size will be the killer, maybe hook them up to a dynamo? 😀

PaulD
    Free Member

I tried some with AA batteries and they lasted no time at all. Rechargeables are possible but with only 1.2v and reduced A.Hrs they are next to useless.

Just do the physics and work out the batteries need to be 2x D-cells or a Li-Polymer rechargeable 3.7v 4AHr in each glove….so where can you hide them?

PaulD

pb2

I’m going to get the Gerbing T1s and then sort out my own 12v Li-on battery from flea-bay or Amazon. The only challenge is working out the required rating to ensure she gets 4 to 6 hours heat (gloves will be used for walking as well)

pb2

anyone recommend a good source of 12v li-on batteries ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Battery Heated Gloves’ is closed to new replies.