Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Battery geeks – NiMh AAs…
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Looking to get some NiMh AAs for bike lights. There are these on ebay claimed to be 3800, but I'm assuming that's a total lie, particularly considering the big names seem to top out at 2800 or thereabouts. So, assuming those 3800s are a con, are the rest much of a muchness or are there any useful sub-technologies within NiMh that are worth knowing about? Cheers.

smudge
    Free Member

I've got a stock of 4Ah VH4000 NiMH's

You can have them as single cell tagged or can build into a battery for you.

Please email me if you like and I can work out a cost.

Smudge

Saccades
    Free Member

I didn't spot anything above 2650mh by the big names when I was getting some for my hope 1. I got a rapid charger with 4x 2400 for £35 at tesco, then luckily as I was trying to weigh up an alternative brand I saw a random pack of 2650's, did a price check to find they were £1.50 – i presume end of line, which was nice.

There are no sub catagories as far as I'm aware, just get the biggest number you can. My 2650's lasted 2hours 55mins and still had charge left, which is in line with the blurb by hope.

brassneck

3800 sounds like rubbish to me, I have several 2800 which are reasonably accurate but they all seem to tail off quicker than I'd like. Do they do a 4 pack that's worth testing?

If you can charge a battery pack from smudge it's a better option I think.

pedalhead
    Free Member

cheers guys. Smudge, mail incoming shortly.

nickjb
    Free Member

Are you looking for a couple of AAs to fit small light or building a larger pack up?

theflatboy
    Free Member

i got some ansmann 2850s the other day. they are good so far, and according to this:
    http://www.batteryreview.co.uk/
    their other efforts are pretty consistent.

pedalhead
    Free Member

looking for AAs to fit lights (and maybe for GPS)

stumpy01

I've found in the past that the highest capacity batteries generally turn out to be rubbish in the long run – they seem to lose their charge quicker than lower capacity batteries & they always seem to start deteriorating quicker.

Perhaps I've always ended up with duff ones, but I prefer now to stick to batteries a little under what seems to be the 'maximum' available at the time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Battery geeks – NiMh AAs…’ is closed to new replies.