Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Batteries for Nestling light…
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I have a couple of batteries for my Solar Storm / Nestling light and they’ve both lasted for about a week. Currently running it on an old MagicShine battery but wondered if there was somewhere to buy a reliable spare or two? Ebay isn’t helping… One of these…

user-removed
    Free Member

No ideas? I know it’s the wrong time of the year but any help would be appreciated 🙂

kerbdog
    Free Member

These guys are usually the go to for batteries, might be worth shooting them an email.
    MTBbatteries

user-removed
    Free Member

I thank you Sir. But crumbs, they’re not cheap are they! I’m not averse to a spot of soldering if there are any cheaper alternatives – Maplins or suchlike?

kerbdog
    Free Member

The difference between good quality batteries and the usual ones you get with the cheaper lights from china etc is night and day (if you’ll pardon the pun):)

user-removed
    Free Member

Not keen on spending the best part of £40 on a battery – there must be a DIY workaround surely. Don’t mind paying top dollar for good quality but I’d rather source the parts for myself here in the UK if possible.

markshires
    Free Member

What I have done is got one of these, (not from this seller just did a quick search on ebay)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Waterproof-4×18650-Battery-Storage-Case-Box-Holder-For-Bike-LED-Light-SP-/201718088602?hash=item2ef755c39a:g:LgkAAOSwHMJYNrqh

and then get your own 18650 batteries to put in it from torchy or whoever? It probably wont be much cheaper than £40 to be honest, but it has worked so far with loads of different cheap lights that you can get when you fancy a change.

blader1611
    Free Member

You can do it cheaper if you want the same shelf life as your current sets. If you want them to work and have longevity then its best to go to the above links to mtb batteries. I looked in to doing it myself and it works out about 2 quid cheaper but you are left to assemble it all together so simply not worth it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Batteries for Nestling light…’ is closed to new replies.