Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • batteries and chargers
  • jonba
    Free Member

My airbike everlight is on the way out but has been used regularly since I bought it in 2008(?). I also have a dx light which is working well.

I know nothing about electronics (except that +ve charge rarely flows) and was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if this will work.

Can I use my airbike charger instead of my dx charger on the dx battery.

The output voltages are 4.3 on the airbike and 8.1 on the dx. Does this mean that it will take longer or does it mean it will never reach full charge? I like the idea of having a charger that isn’t quite so cheap and potentially dangerous. THe output amps are different by 0.2, the dx being higher.

What light should I get next? I’m thinking neninja but waiting till next Autumn to see what the dx arms race brings.

RustyMac

If you are concerned about your charger you can gt replacements from smudge at Mtbbatteries.co.uk, he would alsso be your best bet for info on wether your current chargers my be inter compatable.

What light should i get next – looks like smudge may be brewing something up which i’d be keen to see before ruling it out, i would also take a look at the mytinysun lights they look very well made for the money.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The output voltages are 4.3 on the airbike and 8.1 on the dx. Does this mean that it will take longer or does it mean it will never reach full charge?

That wont work. I doubt it would catch fire or anything but it just wouldnt charge.

Smudge is probably the man.

smudge
    Free Member

Hi Jonba,

Do not use either of these chargers on the other battery, one is a 1S charger and the other is a 2S. (3.75V & 7.5V batteries) and they are not compatible with eachother.

If you think you may have a problem with either the batteries or chargers please feel free to email me to discuss the problems you are having. It may even be better for you to post me the suspect battery/charger.

Thanks for the comments 8) guys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘batteries and chargers’ is closed to new replies.