• This topic has 27 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nach.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • batshit mental or genius?
  • Smudger666

I cant decide….

[video]https://youtu.be/wZKqhvch3mU[/video]

truly pant staining even to watch – cant think what this is like to actually race.

Mental.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ha ha see the cheeky monkey at 1:51 hanging a left!? He’s not daft (relative to the others).

Smudger666

yeah spotted that – and the guys who bottled it at the crossover – likely that would be me – give way rather than give blood.

v8ninety

Well the fact that the only contact appears to have happened away from the crossroads suggests it wasn’t as dodgy as it looked, disappointingly :-/

wwaswas

Amateurs.

I give you figure of 8 caravan racing;

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PE6VgJXHu8[/video]

lemonysam
    Free Member

The craziest bit of that for me isn’t the track shape, it’s the fact they’re going to do it for three god damn hours!

Cougar

from the comments:

Little known fact. Each driver uses a piece of coal in their ass to produce a diamond by the end of the race at which point they sell to repair/rebuild any damages before the next race.

growinglad
    Free Member

You’d almost think it’s fake considering the lack of crashes….crazy stuff.

slimjim78
    Free Member

You’ve clearly never had to commute via the A406..

DrP

Wha…..!!!
    Crazy!

DrP

seosamh77
    Free Member

Only if there’s crashes? Otherwise, it’s just well rehersed dullness.

Kryton57

You’d never get that in the Eurozone with its H&S policy.

spence
    Free Member

Used to “compete” in figure 8 banger racing in the early 80’s with Speedworth, probably accounts for some of my aches and pains. Always a great evening, either something very big or small and agile/fast; best car I used for the 8’s was a Fiat 128 TwinCam, other than that usual Rovers, Granada/Cortina/Victors and the odd XJ.

v8ninety

Do they still do figure of eight stock car racing, or has it been killed off by H&S? I have happy memories of evenings at Hendesford Hills Raceway as a young’un…

tlr

That certainly liven F1 up a bit!

Cougar

Just spotted this on FB, kinda relevant.

This short footage of less than 1 minute shows 2 cars racing on Manchester Road Nelson just before 8am (and is worth watching until the end).It wasn't captured by a police car, instead on the dash cam of someone simply on their way to work. They passed it to us and we were more than grateful.On Thursday last week both drivers had no choice but to plead guilty to Dangerous Driving. One was sentenced to 200 hrs unpaid work, banned for 15 months and also has to fork out £210 in court costs. The other driver has been sent to Crown Court for sentencing as they are already serving a 12 month suspended sentence.Dash cams in cars and helmet cams for bike riders are increasingly being used. Decent, safe road users are fighting back against dangerous and reckless road users and we are helping them.Sgt Shaun Pearson

Posted by Nelson, Brierfield and Barrowford Police on Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Good outcome at least.

ThePinkster

Makes MTB Enduro look a bit tame 😉

slimjim78
    Free Member

It’s kind of like a modern day amphitheatre, with the crowd secretly baying for blood, and bravery substituted for stupidness

DaveRambo

How on earth wasn’t that carnage, at some point.
    Total respect to the drivers for doing that for 3 hrs

wooobob

Total respect to the drivers for doing that for 3 hrs

And to the crowd!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Ha! Used to go and watch the FO8 bangers at Wimbledon in the mid 90s! True carnage, used to be nicknamed injury racing!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Who counts the **** laps????

Onzadog
    Free Member

3 hours? I didn’t even make it through that entire video.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Who counts the **** laps????

Last one to hospital wins.

wordnumb
    Free Member

also, Batshit Mental and Genius aren’t mutually exclusive categories.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I’d love to see some drone cam footage above the crossover.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

nach and I were discussing this… for track cycling! Bring it on.

nach
    Free Member

Yeah, I reckon something like a figure 8 crit, but with a peloton slightly longer than half the course. Nothing could go wrong.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘batshit mental or genius?’ is closed to new replies.