• This topic has 59 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Batman V Superman: Sad Affleck… oh it made me chuckle.: Contains Spoilers
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

Saw it yesterday, and I enjoyed it. I actually think it’s a pretty good take on Batman. I’m not a big comics nerd but as I understand it it’s pretty close to the Dark Knight comics?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I watched it yesterday and enjoyed. I read the critics reviews and if they couldn’t keep track of what was happening they must be a bit on the slow side. It is very much in the style as Man of Steel as you would expect. Ben Afleck was pretty good Batman comparable with Christian Bale. Only gripe was with Batman’s nightmare sections which seemed a bit unnecessary but after reading the fan’s comments afterwards there are a lot of clues to other characters in these but not being the big comic fan these went over my head. It doesn’t feel like a 2hr30min film when you watch as the story progresses well to the end.

isto
    Free Member

Still think Kick Ass is the best superhero movie ever.

Have you seen Deadpool? It kicks Kick Ass’s ass.

I liked bits of the film. As has been said it is nowhere near as good as the last 3 Batman’s. Superman is incredibly dull in it and Louis Lane is annoying in that she takes accident prone to a whole new level. Wonder Woman is pretty damn cool though.

DezB
    Free Member

OH my god. Ever put your head in a metal dustbin and had someone beat on it for 2 hours with a lump of wood? That’s what I feel like after seeing that film at the IMAX.
    Aside from that, it was utter rubbish 😆

DrP

SPOILERS WITHIN…

I saw it with the missus…
    I thought:
    Individually, the characters were quite enjoyable – I liked the different take on batman from the previous trilogy.

As a film it was trite. I mean, the best bits were dream sequences. Where/why/how did the weird monster from the end come about.
    Like “let’s grow a monster from Zod’s body and my blood and it’ll do exactly what I need it to, and it’ll be finished when this 1 hour timer goes off”.
    I can’t bake a cake to that level of timing accuracy, let alone grow an alien…

Mah, makes me angry, wish I’d watched batman begins again.

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

Totally agree mate! (Didn’t want to add spoilers!) That monster stuff totally ruined it. The dream sequences were the worst bit in the EARMAX – so utterly ridiculously LOUD!

weeksy

Saw with my 7 year old, we both enjoyed it lots.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Stupendously loud? You’re actually making it sound more interesting.

Notter
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Krytonite comes in gas form? Or Batman eats it and uses his farts to defeat Superman?
    POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

No way, thegreatape is Batman??!! Wow…. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Stupendously loud?

Yes, and Tesco was sold out of ibuprofen 🙁

mrchrispy

Saw it Monday with the boy.
    twas great fun, I liked.

Euro
    Free Member

Took my eldest (14) to see it last night. We even watched Man of Steel again just before going to make sure we were up to speed. No spoilers here but it failed the numb arse test after just 45 minutes. That’s a record btw.

As these superhero/fantasy movies get more ‘real’ this was a throwback to stupidly unbelievable and a real disappointment for me as a fan of the genre. My boy thought it was rubbish which also surprised me. I think my youngest may have enjoyed it but he’s only wee and doesn’t care too much about characters or plot and is too young to go see it anyway (8).

There must be something going on behind the scenes – it can’t be this crap on purpose.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

That monster stuff totally ruined it

Agree that was the weakest bit. It started to get less interesting when all the wacky stuff/lighting etc started at the crashed ship.

With stuff like that the ‘bigger’ the action gets the less interesting it is, it’s just flashy crackly light and you can’t really see what’s going on.

Also looked a bit too much like the cave troll from the Lord of the Rings to me!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Deadpool was funny but not sure I could watch it as much as Kick-Ass.

Incredibles – totally forgot about that one, brilliant.

Reviews of B V S here is putting me off watching it.

DezB
    Free Member

I just found out that the big battle at the beginning was Superman v General Zod! Had no idea at the time.
    General Zod? Wasn’t he from Toy Story?

DezB
    Free Member

So anyway film should be called General Zod v Superman v Batman v Lex Luther v Cave Troll v Wonder Woman

Frankenstein
    Free Member

He’s having a bad day lol ^^^

DrP

Vs the disappointingly short flash of wonder woman’s pants.

DrP

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Now I’m convinced to see it ^^^

DrP

Indeed, but…it is a disappointingly short scene…

DrP

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Batman V Superman: Sad Affleck… oh it made me chuckle.: Contains Spoilers’ is closed to new replies.