• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mj27.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bathrooms: reasonable quality but not designer prices?
  • cinnamon_girl

Don’t want B & Q or Homebase. Looking for shower tray, basin and loo as well as shower enclosure.

Ideally I want to buy these myself and just get a plumber to fit. Where should I look?

Thanks. 🙂

velomechanic
    Free Member

I’ve recently used these folks for Ideal Standard bathroom stuff.

http://www.doblebathroomsdirect.com/

Prices are keen, delivery prompt and you can speak to real people who know what they are talking about. Also happy with the quality of Ideal Standard.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks velomechanic, I’ve used Ideal Standard in the past and have been happy. Will check out that link.

cinnamon_girl

Blimey! That link is NSFW. 😯

martinhutch

Really? <clicks on link hurriedly. Is disappointed>

Now, where have you been browsing recently?

cinnamon_girl

😀 Ideal Standard shower enclosures, there’s flesh to be seen!

honeybadgerx

I’ve just fitted a load of stuff from the Q4 catalogue which was ace. Don’t be put off by the RRP’s – find a dealer and you’ll get stuff loads cheaper.

cinnamon_girl

It does look nice, but expensive, honeybadgerz.

jekkyl

Wickes

roblane65
    Free Member

Victoria plumb on tinterweb very good stuff and cheap for what your getting used them quite a lot as I’m in the building trade give em a look

BillMC

Get a Grohe shower but shop around for price.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Going on from this, any ideas of a plumbers costs on re-doing a bathroom? A simple one out, one in replacement job?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Going on from this, any ideas of a plumbers costs on re-doing a bathroom? A simple one out, one in replacement job?

£3k-£5k including the suite

cinnamon_girl

Not prepared to order without seeing.

mj27
    Free Member

Would also advise getting a Grohe shower and taps (as above) shop around and the prices will tumble.

Also Roca sink and toilet are good and reasonably priced.

Do sit on the toilet and try it for comfort, there are so many bad ones. Also look at the toilet hinges to see how durable they are and how easy to clean, it will be disgusting or fall apart if not.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bathrooms: reasonable quality but not designer prices?’ is closed to new replies.