Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Bathroom issues
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

1. My (male) lodger goes through toilet paper like it’s going out of fashion (I am a 4-sheets per “job” guy). What should I say? Just put the rent up and tell him why? I’ve just ordered 36 rolls from Sainsburys, maybe he’ll get the hint?

2. Shower gel is the Devil’s spunk, I like soap, but I’m celtic and tight…why is there nothing between cheap Boots crap and Body Shop, Lush et al?

3. There’s been a number of un-sinkables at cynic-al-towers lately, I don’t think they’re mine. How do I address this?

allthepies
    Free Member

1. Get some of the skool tracing paper stuff in.
    2. Shower Gel is the way forward.
    3. Fish ’em out and put them on his window sill.

cinnamon_girl

😯

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Introduce more fibre into his diet.

Or laxatives?

flip
    Free Member

MTFU and tell erstwhile lodger is out of order, come over all Mr Rigsby 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Rub his nose in it

richmars

3. Stick a flag on it and claim it for England (or scotland, or wherever).

cinnamon_girl

al – you can’t economise on loo paper, get Andrex quilted when it’s on special offer and buy dozens of packs. Ignore any strange looks from check-out person.

soap – 4 bars for 99p – Palmolive or something. Again, watch out for special offers.

Your final point – change your diet, both of you!

flip
    Free Member

Lush is indeed the devils work, my teenage daughter clogged the pipes up with it….. indeed 😐

And the shop stinks!

RealMan
    Free Member

Take a picture of any good ones he does.

Upload them to ratemypoo.com

When they’ve had a decent amount of votes, show him how they’re doing. If they’re not doing too good, ask him to do better ones. If they’re doing well, tell him good job.

He will probably make sure they flush from then on.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Troll.

leffeboy

al – you can’t economise on loo paper, get Andrex quilted when it’s on special offer and buy dozens of packs. Ignore any strange looks from check-out person.

C_G – you missed out leaving the roll on top of the radiator for the full luxury experience

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

..unless of course you’re suffering from a touch of the Johnny Cash’s after a curry & beer night

crikey
    Free Member

Man up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLs at realman, I have spent quite a bit of time on there.

cinnamon_girl – Member

soap – 4 bars for 99p – Palmolive or something. Again, watch out for special offers.

Your final point – change your diet, both of you!

1. I bought proper Ssainsways stuff.
    2. it’s gash – I am looking to go upmarket.
    3. In what direction? I get a lot of fibre.
    4. When do we get to meet ❓

cinnamon_girl

C_G – you missed out leaving the roll on top of the radiator for the full luxury experience

Oh yes, well spotted! 😀

I am looking to go upmarket

Good man, you Scots get pretty weather-beaten so need moisturising. 🙂

In what direction? I get a lot of fibre.

Less neeps and tatties!

When do we get to meet

Come to the Swinley Sexy Party! 😀

Rockhopper
    Free Member

One up, one down and one to polish.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Swinely sounds awfy far awa…

sharki
    Free Member

Tell him his shit floats and he uses to much bog roll.
    Place an spud gun in the lavy so he can sink the offending sub and fit a bottom washer or ration out the paper from under the door.

You could draw the queens bonce on each sheet and tell him every sheet he uses is a pound, his weekly butt de smearing allowance is £30. If he exceeds the allowance then he gets sand paper at 60grit.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Apologies turd-experts, when I typed “unsinkables” I meant “unflushables” – they sit there at the bottom of the u-bend, taunting me, but won’t leave!

I think it may the shape of the nose-cone, particularly aerodynamic, that allows water to pass over the jobby so easily.

I’m going to fish the next one out, take a cast of if and sell it to the RN submarine-design-division, and retire. If they don’t want the cast, I’ll send them the real thing.

freddyg
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Apologies turd-experts, when I typed “unsinkables” I meant “unflushables”

In that case, he’s not getting enought fibre, more neeps and tatties!

Paper usage, is he a scruncher or a folder?

Shower Gel, there is nothing between cheap Boots crap and Body Shop because the distance between them is so small you couldn’t get a fag paper between them. Head upwards to Clarins for men, take stock then head even further up to L’Occitane, Penhaligans etc. Smelly loveliness 8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

No idea re paper usage bar it’s about a roll a week 😮

I hate shower gel.

DrJ

Someone has a weird botty – maybe it’s me …

how do you get by with 4 sheets without a) risking finger-poke-through, and b) leaving a mucky bum?

cynic-al
    Free Member

DrJ soldiers do it with 1 sheet.

It’s easy, I get 5 wipes!

Are you one of those who uses about 25 hand towels to dry your hands? (presuming you wash them that is 😉 )

DrJ

I always wash my hands, but I still prefer to avoid getting poo on them in the first place 🙂

freddyg
    Free Member

One square I would struggle with, two is fine. Fold in half (so 1 square in size, but two thick). Wipe, fold, wipe, fold, wipe, check. If necessary, fold again and polish. Easy. 😳

geoffj

en-suite

DrJ

One square I would struggle with, two is fine. Fold in half (so 1 square in size, but two thick). Wipe, fold, wipe, fold, wipe, check

By my calculation at the end of that process you’re wiping with a piece of shitty tissue that is quarter of the size of a sheet. If your arse is bigger than Kate Moss’s I would seriously hope you wash your hands well 🙂

hels
    Free Member

So, you are counting this guys loo roll sheets. It’s a slippery slope mate, and it finishes with you sneaking into his room at night to watch him sleep…

druidh
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    DrJ soldiers do it with 1 sheet.

Pah – real soldiers use vaseline and NO sheets.

cynic-al – Member
    No idea re paper usage bar it’s about a roll a week

I hate shower gel.
    But soap is bad for the skin – it dries it out too much.

DrJ

Pah – real soldiers use vaseline and NO sheets

The only thing I remember from Latin classes is that ancient Romans used a rag soaked in vinegar on the end of a stick . That’s gotta sting 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

There’s been a number of un-sinkables at cynic-al-towers lately, I don’t think they’re mine. How do I address this?

With a sticky lable as I suspect just writing on it will knacker your biro.

Out of interest who are you going to post it to?

thomthumb
    Free Member

a roll a week

the would be FIL uses a roll a go – some times that is 3 a day!! 😯

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

3. Is it floating or sinking? If its floating your lodger has a good diet, if its sinking more fibre and general better diet. Or invite Gillian McKeith round for ‘professional’ poo advice.

Oh yeah bog role – are your carpets and walls stained yellow?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Four sheets per job…? Just done some testing and I average 4 to 5 sheets per wipe, and approx 5 wipes per job. Average of 3 jobs per day. With approximately 240 sheets on a roll that’s a roll every three and a half days. A roll a week sounds very reasonable to me!

Pieface

My thoughts…

The toilet paper issue needs to be raised. You either educate him in a more efficient practise or buy your own rolls. When you point out that you’re going through more than twice as much as usual and that it can only be his technique suggest that you either charge him a small amount extra, or you have your own individual supplies.

I assume you don’t share soap? I can’t offer any comment, I like Simple and its not expensive.

Logs – tricky, I think you’ll just have to learn to live with it, its one of the things you have to put up with sharing a hosue with someone else. He pays to live there so thats one of his rights.

mrblobby
    Free Member

On the TP issue… maybe you could demonstrate your superior technique to him and encourage him to give it a try? Or maybe find an instructional army clip on youtube? Either that or encourage him to deposit his logs at work.

DrJ

@mrblobby – now I know why you chose your screen name 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks all…I think the answer is to design and install locked bog-roll holders so he becomes aware of the errors of his ways, if he fails to do so after a meeting to disuss same, he will have to pay for his own.

In all seriousness I am getting an ensuite so he can ultimately deal with it.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom issues’ is closed to new replies.