Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bathroom fitters (and those in the know…)..UNITE..!
  • DrP

So we’re basically rebuilding a house in the loft..
    The bathroom has 2 sides as ‘skeilings’ (sloped ceiling). This makes fitting things on a stress!
    The shower is ‘sort of’ under a skeiling at its lowest point. The skeiling then climbs up to full height.

Annoyingly, we wanted a good height over the shower so built a mini-stud wall to bring it further into the room (thus further up the skeiling), however I think the celotex and plaster is thicker than thought, as, at its lowest, we’ve 1830mm from top of tray to bottom of skeiling…JUST a tad too short.

Any ideas as all the shower quadrants (900*900) I’ve seen are 1850 high… Arg…

I don’t (can’t) have a custom cubicle just for a small area of ‘low’ corner.

Could we ‘bury’ the cubicle into the insulation a bit? Or any suggestions of a nice quality low height solution?

Alterior motives here… My internet has died, i’m searching via 1/2G, and need to make a decision tomorrow…!

Ta!

DrP

craigxxl
    Free Member

Any reason you an use a shower tray and panels to create the enclosure to fit the space available. By panels I mean these http://www.wickes.co.uk/shower-panels# Then you only need find a door to fit.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I have about 50 mm triangle of one of the corner of my shower cubicles going through the plasterboard of a sloping ceiling. First I cut a small hole to let it in then patched it up tidy.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Custom glass isn’t that expensive is it? Or use a low height tray or even tank and tile your own tray with a slim curb height and fit whatever 1850mm screen on that.

boxelder

Can you drop the waste under the floorboards to gain some height?

DrP

The tray is 40mm and flat against the floorboards….

Any pictures at all of your ‘buried’ enclosure please..
    I’ve sent an enquiry to a custom shower place.. Will call in the am.

In the sense that the standard enclosure aray seems to be pannel-door-pannel, we’d only need custom input on one panel (as long as the door motion wasn’t interfered/knocking against the skeiling)

DrP

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

unovolo
    Free Member

Why dont you just build a wet room instead and avoid all the above hassle, it might even work out more cost effective than a custom enclosure.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Email sent as I have n online photo storage

DrP

Received gratefully..
    I think that’s the route to go down. Of I can find an enclosure without a top frame, then I can just sink the glass…

DrP

nedrapier

Not going for the 5 point douse’n’filth-lie option? 😕

righog
    Free Member

I am guessing you have a good reason to go for a pre made cubicle.

I had a similar problem and used a cubicle, it did fit height wise, but was very tight and was a real pain to fit, If you have to cut away the plaster and insulation then make good it will be even harder than my install.

If I had to do it again I would tile or use those waterproof boards and piece of bespoke glass as the door.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom fitters (and those in the know…)..UNITE..!’ is closed to new replies.