Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bathroom Fitterists Q
  • reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Just starting to revamp my bathroom-is it advisable to use flexible fittings in areas that may be inaccessable in the long term-for instance linking a bath mixer/diverter valve to the bath outlet etc. Obviously this would only involve the actual connections, not the main pipe runs. I suppose my only worry is the pipe perishing over time.
    Ta.

Flaperon

I’ve had flexible / quick fittings in my bathrooms for years and they’ve been fine. In my experience a faulty one (rare) will leak immediately.

Pieface

No plumber but FWIW fit isolation valves for each tap somewhere accessible

footflaps

You can get flexible fittings with an isolation valve at one end, that’s what I used when I refitted the bathroom…..

leebaxter
    Free Member

Over the years, i can not remember seeing a failed flexible fitting, and i alsways use them connecting taps, toilets, or as problem solvers,even if concealed

nealglover
    Free Member

Good quality fittings will be fine, wouldn’t be as confident with some of the DIY warehouse stuff.

But you won’t feel like it’s been done properly unless you’ve used hand bent copper pipe and soldered all the joints 😉

BigJohn

I fitted a bath last month which had the taps in the inaccessible corner. A pair of 1 metre flexible tails did the job. The only way to do it.

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

cheers everyone—-except nealglover–you just activated my perfectionist button :-))

nealglover
    Free Member

except nealglover–you just activated my perfectionist button :-))

My work here is done 🙂

oldboy
    Free Member

you won’t feel like it’s been done properly unless you’ve used hand bent copper pipe and soldered all the joint

After a DIY life of working with copper pipes my new house is push fit plastic. Hate it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom Fitterists Q’ is closed to new replies.