Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Bathroom ettiquette
  • Jakester
    Free Member

I feel I need to take the collective pulse on this very important issue to see whether I have unrealistic expectations or not.

I work in a large building, our section of which houses about 250 people.

On our floor are two ‘sets’ of toilets – the main one, with four urinals and four traps, and a smaller one with two of each. There are others dotted about but on the whole those are the ones that see the most use.

I have, on occasion, had to go into the traps for some quiet contemplation. However, it seems that almost every time I go in the previous occupier has done his (not mixed loos) best to turn the pristine porcelain into a rendition of the Somme. Some are proper pebbledashers, spraying all about, and others just leave stubborn skidmarks about the bowl. On a couple of occasions Mr Hanky in all his glory has been left behind (but I suppose one can forgive that as the occasional lapse) as all it takes is a flush.

But, and this is my question, is it not a display of decent humanity to check one’s workings and if necessary to ensure that the next person in doesn’t have to battle with the remnnants of last night’s balti?

I mean, there’s a bogbrush (I’ve pressed into service on quite a few occasions) – why not just do the decent thing?

Am I being oversensitive?

And don’t get me started on the number of people I hear leaving the traps after having dropped the kids off at the pool and walking straight out the door without a drop of handwash and water touching their hands… 😯

thegreatape
    Free Member

What’s a bogbrush?

joshvegas
    Free Member

You are entirely correct.

Also a lot of people seem to get into the trap then just piss on the floor.

And someone picks their nose and wipes it on the wall.

FULL GROWN ADULTS?!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think what you describe could be classed as demonstrating contempt.

Contempt for their job and for their fellow colleagues.

“I’ve shat all over this bowl and some other motherflipper can deal with it.”

It’s almost like faecal flytipping.

Two weeks ago, we had a broken arrow situation.

Somebody shat on the floor and left it there, like a little ornament.

patriotpro
    Free Member

BOG-BRUSHES are one of the foulest things going.

mindmap3
    Free Member

OP, I’m with you – it’s not nice. You wouldn’t do it at home, so why do it at work?

I work for a large supposedly professional construction firm, but judging by the state of the traps I work with a bunch of animals.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Two weeks ago, we had a broken arrow situation.

genuine 😆

I too have opened the door to be greeted by a steaming great big log laying prostrate on the floor. How the hell do you get to that situation. I mean I’ve found myself barely making it on a few occasions but I’ve never actually layed one down on the floor next to the bowl. And even if I did I certainly wouldn’t up tools and leave it there for some other poor soul to sort out.
    As for leaving the bowl looking like something from train spotting that is incredibly poor form. Used to happen all the time where I used to work. Which was supposedly full of respectable professionals. Yeah. Righto.

GregMay
    Free Member

Try working in a university. There is a reason I now only use the toilets you need swipe* access to get to.

* hehe wipe.

jon1973
    Free Member

Bathroom?

Call it what it is. A toilet.

Jakester
    Free Member

When I worked in our office in Brum, it was apparently the ladies’ that took the brunt of it, leading to speculation that there was a ‘Phantom Sh!tter’ round and about.

I suppose better that than what happened in a competitor’s offices, where there was a chap (assuming it was a chap because of the aim) who went round weeing in ladies’ shoes. I assume he was a member of this board. 😉

These are the offices of a large commercial law firm, BTW.

Keando

Same situation happened at my place of work but also used by the transport drivers that visit the warehouse. HR put up a sign asking people to clean up behind themselves etc. Since then it has been a lot better.

bigrich

I get that at my works

It appears theres employees who spray liquid excrement all over the shop and then think ‘yeah, that’s OK’ and leave

It’s a research institute. you have to have a PhD to get in the door.

bearnecessities

I have it on reliable authority that the female of the faeces is more deadly than the male when it comes bog behaviours, with poopie textured cubicle walls not being an unheard of 😯

Jakester
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

Bathroom?

Call it what it is. A toilet.

And your main issue with all of the above is my choice of terminology? 😯

Do you perchance work here?

egb81
    Free Member

Somebody shat on the floor and left it there, like a little ornament.

How do you miss the toilet when sitting down?

joshvegas
    Free Member

i am not sure if that improves the situation or not!

GregMay
    Free Member

joshvegas – Member
    i am not sure if that improves the situation or not!

It does not, definitely not in my experience.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Probably all vegetarians, so no wonder that you are, quite literally, up shit creek.

jon1973
    Free Member

And your main issue with all of the above is my choice of terminology?

No I just stopped reading when I saw the word bathroom, when you mean toilet. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I’m vegetarian and have managed to avoid parking a dead mole on the khazi floor.

However, I’m leaving next week so there is still time.

Jakester
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

And your main issue with all of the above is my choice of terminology?

No I just stopped reading when I saw the word bathroom, when you mean toilet.

Aha! Hoist on your own petard! You didn’t stop reading or you wouldn’t have read that above to be able to respond to it! 😛 Ner ner ner ner ner.

I suspect I probably would have got into trouble for writing ‘sh*tbox ettiquette’!

binners

IHN

I, like most gentlemen, have been known to inadvertantly sprinkle when having a standy-up tinkle. Tiny splashes, nothing more, always cleaned up.

I walked into one of the traps at an old place of work and I can only imagine that the previous occupant had pulled out his todger and enjoyed a voluminous piss whilst simultaneously dancing the hokey cokey. There was piss EVERYWHERE.

jon1973
    Free Member

Aha! Hoist on your own petard! You didn’t stop reading or you wouldn’t have read that above to be able to respond to it! Ner ner ner ner ner.

Darn…I would have gotten away with it if it hadn’t been for you pesky kids.

geetee1972
    Free Member

And someone picks their nose and wipes it on the wall.

I have often mused that there must be some deep eveolutionary connection between holding your pecker to pee and picking your noise.

mindmap3
    Free Member

There was someone who was doing the most unbeleivably big turds and leaving them for all to admire. Trouble was if left for too long, they’d start to leak like a sunken oil tanker.

How they sat down after depositing them is beyond me, but they were obviously proud of them.

It’s pretty shocking what so called educated / professional / professional people think is acceptable to do at work.

The boogers smeared on the walls in our place are grim too.

martinhutch

Sometimes, working from home is ace. 🙂

MartynS

There is someone in our place who occasionally sees fit to stuff the 3 toilets with loo roll.

It’s not “sticking it to the man” it’s just giving the cleaners a really horrid job.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have, on occasion, had to go into the traps for some quiet contemplation

Can’t think of a worse place for this!

muddy9mtb

try any Greek airport? I know there in austerity measures but for lords sake public health should be taken more seriously. crete airport phhht! Zante? 2 large public toilets one downstairs – busy. one upstairs empty (brill) 6 cubicles – 5 with broken seats or no seat..and looking worse for wear, the 6th and only one with a seat HAD NO DOOR? okay scrub that I can hold! turn round to use the wash bowls – NO WATER! or SOAP…blimey oh riley

Rockplough
    Free Member

No you are not being oversensitive. Have experienced all of the above, apart from the ‘broken arrow’. It is rank behaviour.

I have on many occasions advocated the installation of cameras in the toilets. Not in the stalls, but the main room so as to identify the assorted culprits.

Nothing gets me out of the stall faster than the telltale sounds of a non-washer. I must find out who they are, even if only to avoid shaking their hand.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

egb81 – How do you miss the toilet when sitting down?

It’s people who don’t sit down on the seat, they either hover or often stand on the seat.

Someone in our office (head office of a multi-national) left a log in one of the dishwashers on our floor.

binners

I once worked in the one of the most outrageously ostentatious corporate headquarters you’ve ever seen. One of my colleagues walked into the ornate marble bogs one day, to discover someone had gone for the full Bobby Sands, H Block style dirty protest all over the walls.

Apparently it was one of the drones from the call centre downstairs, who’d got wind they were about to sack him, so thought he’d make a statement before leaving 😯

tomd
    Free Member

My mate organised an event in his local village hall a couple of years back. Everyone who was there was from the same club and he went out of his way to sort it all out. Anyway, he went to have a quick check round after everyone cleared out before locking up. He then had to go outside, find a sturdy stick and go back and break up a monster unflushable left sticking out proud of the water. It took a lot of breaking down and multiple flushes.

Really pissed him off that it was one of his club mates that did it. Utterly rank.

jamesy01
    Free Member

My old office only had 2 WC’s shared by 20 male/female staff.
    The upstairs WC was generally considered by the men to be for for numbers 1’s onle and the one by the back door for number 2’s (naturally) as the girls tended not to go out the back door so no embarrassing meetings as you came out the door.
    One day some foul creature (must have been a woman) decided a number 2 was in order and proceeded to use the upstairs loo….and then chopped their log off using the seat!
    Cleaner only came in twice a week and the skidder on the seat stayed untouched for 2 days.
    Needles to say the bog by the bag door became very popular with boy and girls alike.

oldnpastit

And don’t get me started on the number of people I hear leaving the traps after having dropped the kids off at the pool and walking straight out the door without a drop of handwash and water touching their hands…

It’s pretty gross though. I make a little note of those people in my head, and try to avoid them.

mindmap3
    Free Member

There is someone in our place who occasionally sees fit to stuff the 3 toilets with loo roll.

It’s not “sticking it to the man” it’s just giving the cleaners a really horrid job.

Had that one too – I’m sure it’s one of the animals from our FM team who are based on that floor.

retro83
    Free Member

jamesy01 – Member
    and then chopped their log off using the seat!

Quality 😀 genuine LOL at that.

nickc

I can’t help but wonder at just what is it these people are eating to produce waste like this…

Found a massive turd once, brick red, I swear it was trying to climb out of the loo, It’d been so long life had evolved…

enfht
    Free Member

Count yourself lucky you don’t have a Phantom Shitter® and they still actually use the toilet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom ettiquette’ is closed to new replies.