Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bathroom Electrics …. Help Needed …. Step This Way ….
  • letmetalktomark

Our main bathroom, for reasons not known, was plumbed in with a Saniflo* back in 1996 when a spare bedroom had its “purpose changed” to a bathroom.

We have since connected the bathroom up to the mains waste in our downstairs shower/toilet room.

The Saniflo connected into the mains at a fused spur(?) roughly equidistant between the taps end of our bath and the toilet. Its roughly 20cm from each.

Since the Saniflo was removed this is now redundant.

We would like to use the electric point for a heated towel rail/radiator.

I think I understand the electric zoning – certainly based on this we would need a zone 2 compliant rad:

Do I need to worry about the placement of the electrical point or is it okay to run a cable, in conduit, to a controller for the rad or directly to the rad itself?

Can I just replace the fused spur with one of these thats zone 2 rated?

KUDOX ELECTRONIC HEATING ELEMENT CONTROLLER 800W

Our electrician suggested speaking to the plumber and the plumber suggested speaking to the electrician …….

rwamartin
    Free Member

Hi,

If your fused spur is within 60cm of the edge of the bath the outlet will need to be rated to IPx4 minimum and not contain a switch. ie a non-switched fused spur or the control you reference in your post.

The electric radiator would need to meet IPx4 if it’s within 60cm of the edge of the bath.

The diagram shows a zone round the basin, this isn’t correct. There is no zone 2 around a basin.

Any questions, just ask.

Rich.

Edit:
    If you’ve got a photo it will help me advise you better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom Electrics …. Help Needed …. Step This Way ….’ is closed to new replies.