Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bathroom ceiling leaking!
  • poppydiamond
    Free Member

OK so I came home this evening to discover the bathroom ceiling has about 5 drips of water coming through it. It’s coming from the part of the wall above the window area. Any ideas on what exactly might have happened? And whether it would be sensible or too hasty to call the letting agency’s emergency plumber tonight or tomorrow (Sunday)?

Live in a flat and have had two similar situations previously, both of which were coming from the flat above, however their plumber has checked and says it’s not coming from there this time…

The Singletrackers’ propensity for unusual and astute wisdom never fails to surprise me so here’s hoping!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It will be a leak coming from a pipe or a toilet or a sink or a bath or a basin or a fish tank or a Pixie’s ornamental waterfall. Without knowing your house layout I think it would be impossible to be of any more help 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Live in a flat and have had two similar situations previously, both of which were coming from the flat above, however their plumber has checked and says it’s not coming from there this time…

They have spilt a bucket of water/let the wash basin/sink/bath/whatever, overflow, but they are denying it, IMO.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And if anyone can help me – I have a damp patch under some wood flooring. Where is that coming from? 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Where is that coming from?

Chelmsford?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How can you see the damp under the wood flooring ?

poppydiamond
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion I think you may have solved the mystery!

Bear
    Free Member

rule one – water does not flow uphill

brakes
    Free Member

I had a leaky soil pipe (matron) yesterday, it turns out there is cat litter from the flat upstairs in the system which is getting in between the pipe seals and a causing a leak.
    based on this, do your neighbours have a cat?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    How can you see the damp under the wood flooring ?
    POSTED 12 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

Because the wood is warping and black mould showing along the joins so I lifted a skirting to investigate – standing water under 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I lifted a skirting to investigate – standing water under

You’ve got standing water under your skirting ? 😯

Sounds like you might have a leak somewhere. Or rainwater is somehow gaining access. HTH.

On another note, I’ve got sticky fingers. Anyone know how that happened, and what I can do about it ?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have you been eating marmite for breakfast?

I’d advise a sniff test.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

@ernie – yep! Just discovered and under ongoing investigations…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bathroom ceiling leaking!’ is closed to new replies.