Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Bath restaurant or pub lunch recs
  • roach

Going to be in bath on friday with the family and looking for somewhere to go for a nice lunch. Any recommendations?

CountZero

Difficult to know where to start, Bath is full of restaurants and pubs that do food! I have to be honest, I don’t eat out in Bath that often, so I’m not as familiar with the good ones these days, so I’ll have to give it a bit of thought.

roach

Doesn’t have to be amazing, just after a nice burger or fish and chips and not somewhere cashing in on the tourism too much.

llama

Raven for pies £
    Yammo for pizza ££
    Firehouse for grill/pizza £££
    Hall and wood house for the roof £££
    Plus lots more in increasing £’s

thepublican
    Free Member

http://www.thescallopshell.co.uk

I know this place very well, one of the best fish and chips places in the country, plus you can go posh if you want and have scallops/lobster etc or keep it simple. They do kids portions, very good value.

Good car park 2 minutes away, and the town centre is 2 minutes walk the other direction.

jimdubleyou

Last time I was there, this place was good.

http://www.thechequersbath.com/

Don’t go back much now as folks have moved away so may be other placed better suited I don’t know about.

llama

Yes the scallop shell +1

roach

Excellent, cheers 🙂

CountZero

Scallop shell seems to get excellent reviews, I’ve not tried it, as I’m seldom in Bath long enough to bother going for a ‘proper’ meal, unless it’s an evening special occasion. The Raven always gets good reviews as well, and it’s right in the centre. Wagamama is excellent if you like Japanese, but I think I’d go for the Scallop Shell.
    If the weather’s fine and you don’t mind buying burgers then eating al fresco and people watching, then Schwartz Bros Burgers make some of the best burgers going, they’re in Walcott Street, not far from John’ Bikes.

cbike
    Free Member

I liked the George inn at bathampton, and the thoughtful bread company.

Cycling through the two tunnels is also brilliant.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

We ate at the porter when we visited bath and it was good

Daffy

The Salamander is great for lunch, just off Milsom street, up a side alley so you have to know it’s there. Brilliant Bath Ales pub with great food.

mobes
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Hudsons Steak house. Enjoy the odd trip to Jimmys too

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bath restaurant or pub lunch recs’ is closed to new replies.