Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bath O rings
  • mrmo
    Free Member

My bath uses a push button plug, which has been ok until recently. It appears that an O ring that seals the bath plug has got old and perished, so now the bath has a slow leak.

Is there any simple way of getting the right o ring? So far a wander round the DIY sheds has turned up a fair few o rings but none that match.

Current bodge a cheap plastic bung that works but isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing item.

Tracey

We used the top, or is it the bottom, off a condom for years on our bath plug.

dovebiker

The plug should just unscrew – pop around to your local plumbers merchant and find a suitable replacement. DIY sheds are useless for this kind of stuff as changing an o-ring is beyond the wit of the majority of customers they believe!

mrmo
    Free Member

Thought of that, only issues, first the stupid opening hours, and also, they don’t do the Howdens thing, you must have an account or we won’t deal with you. Which for a o ring costs a £1 is a little insane.

BigJohn

What’s a bottom condom?

Cougar

You clearly haven’t lived.

fooman

I put a rubber band round our bath plug as temporary fix, worked so well it’s still there some months later.

BigJohn

I put a rubber band round our butt plug. Is that living enough?

nickdavies

Is there any simple way of getting the right o ring? So far a wander round the DIY sheds has turned up a fair few o rings but none that match.

Remove perished o ring, measure, order new one and reassemble. I’d be rifling through a packet of fork seals, reckon the top cap seal on a pike and a bit of lube would see it over a bath plug. What I want to know is how the eureka moment of using a condom came about?!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bath O rings’ is closed to new replies.