Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Batch photo resizing – folder structure problem
  • Burts
    Free Member

I’m archiving GB’s of old photos onto DVD but want to keep a low-res thumbnail of them on my PC for reference. I’ve tried using Photoshop Elements 2 and Windows LivePhoto to do this, but both of them dump all the resized images into a single folder. I could do it that way, but it would then be a PITA to browse the folder (e.g. 2000 images in a single folder).

Anyone know of a program that will do the image resizing but maintain the folder structure from the original photos to the resized photos?

Mr_C
    Free Member

Irfanview

Select File > Batch Conversion/Rename

Under Name pattern enter $F (this will save the new file with the original filename and directory structure)

Beneath this enter the Output directory where you want the thumbnails saved (do not use the current directory as the resulting files will have the same name and directory structure and will not save)

Mark the tickbox for advanced options and then select the Advanced button.

Tick the Resize box and enter the new size you want the resulting file to be.

Under Miscellaneous tick Create sub folders in destination folder.

Click OK

Tick the Include subdirectories box on the left hand side.

Locate and highlight the folder where your photos are kept in the directory box (top right)

Click Add all button

Click Start Batch button

This works for me.

lowey

or pixresizer. A cracking little piece of free software… I use it all the time. Work with single files or folders.

pixresizer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Batch photo resizing – folder structure problem’ is closed to new replies.