Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bastid..Errrr bastid
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

The wire by connector that connects the battery pack to the light has decided to snap 🙁 Luckily I had a backup light for my commute this morning. So operation light decision is in force. Do I keep and repair or buy something a bit more “tough”.

Edit..Oh bum wrong forum!!!

Del

think they sell the batteries separately now, but if it’s less than a year old, i’d try a warranty ticket. worth a poke. it’ll cost about 4 quid to ship back.

z1ppy

I’m sure you could get another connector, though you could buy an extension lead & butcher it. Smudge off a here sells replacement (better as well) batteries, so he might be worth asking for a replacement lead to hook up yourself
    Or you could just buy a replacement unit from Smudge or even from DX (£20 when I last looked) if you can wait, or even one of the UK DX resellers.- lots of options

monkeychild
    Free Member

Just out of warranty 🙁 The spare batteries are £37 from magicshine.co.uk!?!?!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The same / similar has happened to me and others. I posted some details on fixing it here:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bastid-loose-connection

2tyred

Mine did likewise, became frayed at the plug after being pulled apart carelessly one too many times by my cold tired hands.

I bought two 2.5mm plugs and a 2.5mm socket from Maplin for about 8 quid and learned how to solder. Working perfectly now!

brassneck

Batteries are around £18 from DealExtreme, took around 3 weeks to turn up.

Should be easily repairable though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bastid..Errrr bastid’ is closed to new replies.