Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bastard Sellers Tricks! OT
  • alexxx
    Free Member

I ordered a midi device from america about 5 weeks ago and at the time was told it was a 2 week wait, ordered it fine… questioned it 2 weeks later and was told it was a 4-6 week wait time… emailed this morning saying I dont want to wait anymore and cancel my order… how convenient they emailed back stating that they had posted it that morning and if I still wanted a refund I’d have to send it back and lose out on the shipping fee’s ie £100…

BULLSHIT, its with priority ups, and they havent even given me a tracking number! is it likely that I’ll get the package with a time stamp as well as date stamp of the day it was sent?

annoyeeeeddd

cynic-al
    Free Member

So quick to judge!

alexxx
    Free Member

well surely it’d have popped into head that it may look funny and they should at least smooth the email out to explain

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    King-ocelot
    Free Member

When I worked in telesales, to pay for college, I was selling kitchens I heard one of the kitchen designers (really a hardcore salesman) bragging about how he had ripped off an old lady, saying the kitchen units were coated in PVC like window frames for an extra £1000. I’m a passive and quiet person but I lost it with him, I saw him getting into his new car later that day and tripped him over the bonnet. A few days later a group of us walked out and grasses the company into ‘tonight with Trevor mcdonald’ they had a prime time slot and I saw the salesman in question Geoff, get a proper ticking off. It’s a disgrace how some people carry on to make money, greedy bastards.

Cougar

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/DG_183048

“goods must be delivered within thirty days unless agreed otherwise”

wwaswas

Cougar – one of the problems with ordering from the states is that enforcing the UK sale of goods act can be an issue…

woody2000

I thought sellers had to comply with local regs www?

alexxx
    Free Member

still doesnt stop them i dont think as i havent said i want to stop it until this morning.
    hmm its a bit annoying, not annoyed that its coming quick, just annoyed at underhand likely tactics

tails
    Free Member

name and shame, I don’t want to buy from them.

sas
    Free Member

You can always look up the tracking number when it arrives to see when it was sent. If it doesn’t arrive can you get a credit card chargeback?

alexxx
    Free Member

paypal credit card used to pay…. wonder what my rights are with that, ill await to see what info they can give me on time sent and date first

cynic-al
    Free Member

name and shame, I don’t want to buy from them.

Yeah let’s not worry about whether they’ve actually been proven to be dodgy or not, just give them a bad name.

alexxx
    Free Member

its from these guys and its one of these… prob’s no use to most of you and its an amazing product just shame i feel a little bit raped

http://www.lividinstruments.com/hardware_ohm64.php

dooosuk
    Free Member

Why don’t you email/phone and ask for the tracking number? If they can’t provide it tell them they can’t have shipped it and to issue the refund.

alexxx
    Free Member

already done awaiting the reply

tails
    Free Member

Yeah let’s not worry about whether they’ve actually been proven to be dodgy or not, just give them a bad name.

Yep I’m not worried they fobbed the OP off so why should I shop there, but feel free to yourself. Sounds like dave hinde have gone stateside.

alexxx
    Free Member

To be fair it makes no difference who they are, they offer a product thats unparalleled to any other in the midi device world and for a great price.

just seems a bit fishy thats all my beef is about.

al’s just wearing his hat of higher being

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just countering the usual lame witch-hunt.

boblo
    Free Member

fish and beef is not a good combination….

iDave
    Free Member

surf n turf

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

High-quality sliders, knobs and buttons

ooooohhhhhh, I see why you want to wait 😉

alexxx
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bastard Sellers Tricks! OT’ is closed to new replies.