Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Bass players, bit of advice please!
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

My son has an Orange Terror 500W bass head that he was hoping to match
    with an Orange SP212 cab, but can’t get one locally. Can anyone recommend an alternative? Ideally the cab will be a similar size and weight (<30kgs)as we’re a bit limited for space at home and he wants to make it as easy as poss when lugging stuff to gigs too.

Lifer
    Free Member

TC electronic RSS212 is a similar idea and price.

Also worth looking on basschat.co.uk there’s a very active for sale forum on there.

Jakester
    Free Member

I’ve not played an Orange cab, but if you’re looking for a 2×12 there’s loads of options. I just got rid of a Gallien Krueger Neo 2×12 for an obscenely low price, and that dealt with 600w of power, and was a relatively easy lift.

If you’re looking for ‘proper’ lightweight, Barefaced Bass is worth a look. I played drums in a band with a chap who used an original 1×15 Barefaced Compact, and it was awesome – the newer version is a 1×12. The Barefaced Super12 is a 2×12 and will cope with 1200w of power.

I’ve heard very good thinks about TKS cabs – they’re built in Sweden, and their prices compare well with cabs in the UK. Not played one though.

Second the Basschat comment too.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks chaps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bass players, bit of advice please!’ is closed to new replies.