Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BasketballHoopTrackWorld
  • verses

Mini Vs wants a basketball hoop from Santa. He’s planning to get the elves to make a wall mounted one, but isn’t sure whether to get them to add a backboard or not.

I can see why a freestanding one would have a backboard, but is there any advantage to having a backboard on a wall mounted one?

Can you help Santa decide please 🙂

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Backboard for sure.

Will look 1000 times better, aid in aim and back shots.

orena45

Not really a problem without, just that the ball will rebound off much faster – a backboard will absorb the energy a bit more.

I used learnt initially on a rim bolted to my house and it was fine.

orena45

Also, if he starts dunking on it, being attached to a backboard will help absorb some energy. Mine attached to the house did start to pull out after a while!

ads678

back shots

Fnar, Fnar…. 😆

votchy
    Free Member

Definitely with a backboard, worth spending a few quid extra on one that mounts solidly to the wall with coach bolts, both my lads dunk on ours and regularly hang off the hoop with no ill effects

eemy
    Free Member

Bit of a hi-jack (apologies) but any recommendations for one, around £50max?

verses

No worries about the hijack, that was my, erm Santa’s next question…

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Backboard improves rebound performance.

Acrylic and polycarbonate are 2nd best to Glass. Affordability I would say y’r looking for something in a Composite. Spalding do some for under 50.

Also make sure you get the right ball size.

the-muffin-man

If it doesn’t have a backboard isn’t it just a netball net!?

hooli

I recommend not getting one, from inside the house a bouncing basketball is torture. Thud, thud, thud, thud, thud on the side of the house, thud, thud, thud etc.

My suggestion would be that father christmas prefers them to play another sport, any other sport 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BasketballHoopTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.