Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Basingstoke Canal and Mytchett Lake
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Can you ride along the canal from say North Camp area all the way up to Mytchett Lake for purposes of accessing Tunnel Hill?

MrGoriff
    Free Member

Yes you can, and you can also cross the canal at Ash Vale station to get onto Ash Ranges and cycle to Tunnel Hill that way.

molgrips
    Free Member

Woo yah! Thanks.

Ash ranges worth exploring, or will I get shot?

rootes1

loads of stuff either side of the canal, plus if you fancy some fishing plenty of crayfish in the canal…

molgrips
    Free Member

I only see houses on the west side?

allthepies
    Free Member

>Ash ranges worth exploring, or will I get shot?

Some good stuff on there but Tunnel Hill has lots more. If the red flags are flying at Ash then you can't go in the range perimeter fence (Tunnel Hill isn't a range and has no flags – always open). You can get to Tunnel Hill from Ash Vale station easily (even if Ash ranges are shut). Could show you round next week ?

molgrips
    Free Member

On hols next week. Tomorrow night I am going out with a mate from work (ish) at 6, we don't know where we are giong though. Just gonna ride around randomly looking for singletrack I think. That's what I did on Monday night, it was ok but the singletrack seemed to be all down on the west end by the houses.

allthepies
    Free Member

OK well if you'd like a tour of the area when you're back then I'd be happy to oblige.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Basingstoke Canal and Mytchett Lake’ is closed to new replies.