Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Basic USB remote required for various media on XP Pro Laptop (no MCE)
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

My partner downloads various programs occasionally off of iPlayer (and the like) to watch at her leisure through our TV. We also have various formats of media saved which we play back with Media Player Classic (with RealPlayer and QuickTime plug-ins) through our TV.

We’re after a basic remote with play, stop, pause, etc functions that does not need Windows Media Centre Edition (MCE) installed to function.

I’ve had a Google/Dabs/Amazon/eBay search but have failed to verify that any remotes work on a plain Windows XP PC.

Any suggestions or pearls of wisdom for me?

Stoner
    Free Member

logitech do a media controller that works with WMP.

In fact my keyboard has remote controls too.

S 510

scaredypants
    tommid
    Free Member

I have the original Mircro soft one, you can have for a bargain. I have used it once…
    http://pcdirectuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=227
    Like this, but black. Mail me if you want it cheap!!!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Stoner, just checked the Logitech site, all their remotes look way more than we really need.

Ditto scaredypants.

And tommid, isn’t that specifically for Windows Media Centre Edition, with we don’t have?

We really like this for it’s simplicity and stowable USB receiver, but can’t find them, for sale in the UK, or indeed, anything similar.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The Targus Stow-N-Go Media Remote also looks ideal, but I can’t seem to find that for sale either.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Basic USB remote required for various media on XP Pro Laptop (no MCE)’ is closed to new replies.