Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bashrings
  • bennyh09
    Free Member

Assistance please… looking at buying an e. thirteen supercharger bashring at the moment i have a 44-32-22 shimano XT chainset, which bashring do i get a 40t ??
    cheers

matthew_h
    Free Member

I assume you're planning to remove the 44t on there at the moment and replace it with the bash (you have to do this) which will leave your 32t as your biggest ring. In which case, you only need a bash that is for 32t.

Alternatively, I would replace the 44t with the bashguard and the 32t with a 36t which gives you a better range than just with a 32t

bennyh09
    Free Member

yeaa that was the idea… what are the best chainrings to go for??

matthew_h
    Free Member

I just popped a Deore 36t on mine. They're steel so last longer than the lighter ones but don't really weigh that much more and they are nice and cheap. Only trouble seems to be finding them in stock.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Double post, sorry

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

unless your going to be doing some serious bashing then dont bother with an e13 cos there heavy and expensive.

The shimano SLX/Saint bashguards look ok and will be a bit lighter or you could get one from this site since there cheap and look pretty good

http://www.bbgbashguard.com/

zangolin
    Free Member

Bashring
    Dark Cycles (if you like the style) came in about £30 with delivery – took about a week to arrive from Canada – lots of colours to choose from

Chainring
    Blackspire Super Pro Middle Ramped
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=435

scuttler

Got a BBG guard recently. Good price and really quick delivery – delivery to the UK is included in the price. It's had a few whacks from rocks off the front wheel and seems to do the job but I haven't parked the bike on it yet. Definitely low key compared to that Dark Cycles one.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Gamut are nice and light and tidy, and don't look like cheap tat which the slx ones do imo.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bashrings’ is closed to new replies.