Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Barnstaple on road and off road. What's hot and what's not.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Looks like the girlyfriend will be moving to Barnsaple so as a consequence I will be spending a bit of time down that way. It would be rude not to pack a bike or two into the car so is there any good riding around the place.?

wrecker
    Free Member

Road I think. There are some hills around the chivenor/braunton area. Not big for biking but big enough for running/yomping 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

Have a word with the Southfork boys in Braunton, they may be able to help a bit but as above mostly road.

Edit: You will, of course have to pass the Quantocks and Exmoor to get to North Devon 😉

zippykona

Codden hill can be seen from everywhere and has a nice descent off it. Snapper is good and there is a loop from Saunton. Definitely take your mtb.

mrmo
    Free Member

there is some mtb, but far more road, particularly if you want to ride from the door. Yes Exmoor isn’t that far but it is a bit far to ride.

I go down every few months to see the SO’s mother, have a road loop Barnstaple, Ilfracombe, Woolacombe, Braunton, Barnstaple. takes a couple of hours.

Watch out for the REALLY INCOMPETENT DRIVING!!!!!!!! not so much dangerous, just crap!!!!

Most amusing so far X5 towing caravan meets Q7 towing Caravan, then watching them try to reverse on a single track road, or more to the point fail to reverse!!!!!

http://app.strava.com/activities/56542735

just so you have an idea of the terrain.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

That strava loop looks just the ticket. Definitely taking the fast bike with me.

cheez0
    Free Member

Exmoor, mtb

don’t get your bike out for anything less.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Any particular routes for Exmoor or just go explore.?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Barnstaple on road and off road. What's hot and what's not.?’ is closed to new replies.